Workin' Overtime

Kendra

February 14th, 1989.

Valentine's Day had come around, but unfortunately neither Michael nor I could really do anything together. We were both too busy, me with designing and photoshoots and Michael with appearances and interviews. Today, sadly, Michael's publicist Lee announces that Michael and Frank DiLeo are parting ways. It was a decision I had tried to talk to Michael about a lot in the days before but he was set on parting with Frank, saying he was becoming too controlling.

Despite that, Michael and Frank still respected each other.

"So, what's the deal with Diana?" Annalise, my manager asked as we sat together in her downtown office. We were filling out paperwork together, I was renewing her management contract with me. I wasn't about to let go of a perfectly good manager, and that definitely wasn't a jab at Michael or Frank.

I hadn't given Diana a big place in my thoughts since that night at the American Music Awards. Though, I'll admit, her reappearance came out of the clear blue sky. We had barely spoke and Michael wasn't planning on going into the backstory. I knew it well enough on my own. It was bad enough I had Tatiana on my case, now I was trying to figure out if Diana was on mine or not.

"I heard she was signing back with Motown after nine years. According to Ebony, at least."

"It's her first in two years since her son was born, right? I heard she made a brief appearance at the AMAs as well."

"You mean she actually had a purpose there other than to stir up trouble?"

"I'm guessing you met her then that night?"

"Well, we saw each other but we didn't speak. She was more interested in speaking to Michael."

I think it was common knowledge at this point that everyone practically knew Diana was Michael's first love. And people don't ever forget (and sometimes don't get over) their first love. Since Michael didn't want to divulge me in the details of their relationship, it was only my assumption on which side of the spectrum he fell on with the issue.

My brick of a phone rings in my purse, so I pull it out and place it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Kenny! Hey girl!" Gina's sugary sweet greeting comes to my ear. I feel like we haven't spoken in quite some time, my schedule barely gave me time to visit Michael but I managed. I step out the office, uttering a quick goodbye to Annalise before placing my full attention on the call.

"Hey, girl. What's going on?"

"I have some good news, wanna hear it?"

"Well, obviously. Lay it on me."

"I'm getting married!" Gina squeals on the other line, and I can't help but feel the same giddiness for her. She had been dating her boyfriend for some time, I'm glad he took the initiative and proposed finally.

"That's great! When did you plan to have the ceremony?" I question, walking down the busy street to head towards my car. It wasn't often I got to take my car so I enjoyed it every chance I got.

"Well, it's in the beginning stages but I wanted to know if you'd be my maid of honor?"

"Girl, of course! I'm your sister!" I jubilantly agree, a wide smile across his face. I couldn't wait to tell Michael; no doubt Gina wants him to come with me. We share a few more words before saying a few parting words.

-----

Michael

March- BRE Awards

Universal City, California.

I had been thinking about what Kendra told me months ago. Maybe it wasn't so bad to try just once to speak with Tatiana. I must've gotten lucky since she happened to be presenting an award to me this evening, Bill and my management team thought it was best to attempt to avoid her for the night, so I did as they asked.

I made sure to stick to rehearsed lines whenever she tried to approach me during the show. Right after the show, I made sure to make Bill pull her aside and inform her to meet me in my limo. I felt kind of nervous being alone with her in the limo, but I'm sure I could handle it. Lord knows I should've convinced Kendra to come with me but she was so busy herself, I was lucky I got to call her to even ask. Oh, how the tables have turned.

"I'm glad you've finally come to your senses, Michael," Tatiana smiles at me in her white dress and gloves, almost like a bride.... which is kind of...eerie. I let out nervous laughter, slowly moving myself away from her just a tad bit.

"I'm sorry, Tatiana. But I think you've gotten the wrong idea from this meeting," I explain myself. Tatiana's expression of triumph seems to change to one of major disappointment.

"But, Michael, I love you more than that...bitch," She mentions Kendra with spite, almost like she had a bad taste in her mouth. 

"Don't call her a bitch, you don't even know her. You don't even know me. You're living on dreams, Tatiana. That's why I brought you here, you need to let me go," I attempt to let her down gently. My eyes fill with sympathy for her.

"I don't want to, Michael. These feelings won't just go away for me," Tatiana sounds as if she's on the verge of tears. I tap on the window softly, indicating to whoever is standing outside the car that I want out of this situation fast. It's obvious that if I keep trying, it will fall on deaf ears. The door on Tatiana's side opens and Bill moves to take her out and I'm surprised that she doesn't fight him to stay in the car.

"I really hope those words stuck this time," I mumble to myself quietly, sinking back into the seat. I let out a puff of air from my mouth as I run a hand through my newly straightened hair. Only time would tell if my words got through.

Her Wish (Michael Jackson Fanfiction) (Completed) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara