You're Always on My Mind

Not going to even lie...I didn't proofread none of this, I was too excited to even be writing again. But I hope you all enjoy! Comments and votes are still very much appreciated!

Kendra

March 11th, 1989.

"So, on a scale of one to ten, how much did you cry at that ending?" I asked Michael as we walked arm in arm from out of the theater. The other moviegoers couldn't have cared less about the two of us, most of them being other couples too preoccupied with one another. But we still had bodyguards blended in with the crowd, just in case.

The movie in question was Chances Are.

I'd always loved the film and I practically jumped at the chance to go see it.

"One."

"Don't lie, I saw you shed a tear."

"I don't know how you could tell, considering you were crying buckets." Michael pointed out, a smirk on his face as he wiped the stains of drying tears from my cheeks.

"Hey, that ending with that music? Tearjerker mastery!"

"A bit cheesy for my taste. And you know me, I can be real cheesy sometimes."

"What's cheesy? The story of a man's soul coming back and still being in love with the same woman? Or just the ending?"

"Just the ending, plus I don't think they ever resolved clearly whether everyone knew it wasn't the other guy again so was he technically in love with his daughter?" He pointed out.

"Why are you applying real life logic to a movie?" I laughed. "Well, I'm just glad you don't think the story was cheesy, because if it were me I'd still come back as another soul in love with you."

Michael stops us right in front of the car waiting to take us out of here. Being fully wrapped up in his arms is still something that gets my heart racing. He plants a passionate kiss on my lips, with no regard for the guards or anyone passing by. I fully let go of any worries as I wrap my arms around his neck, bringing him as close as possible.

"Me too, me too."

June 12th, 1990.

The longer I laid next to James, staring out the window with the sun peeking in, did I feel the almost sinking feeling of...regret?

In the heat of the moment; some of the words we shared seemed too rushed, too soon? I feel like such an asshole, all these months and as soon as we slept together, all my feelings almost all but evaporated from my body. And my thoughts practically screamed out for one person.

Quietly slipping out from underneath the covers, I quickly dressed myself. I find myself heading towards the phone, with no particular person in mind but my fingers do the dialing anyways.

After a few rings, an all too familiar voice is on the other line.

"Hello?"

"I've figured it out. When can we meet?"

——