The Man Himself

March 3rd, 1988.

After that visit with my family, I decided. I decided that I'll just act natural and like myself to everyone who I assume I know well and should I hit a snag in keeping up the act, just go along with it. There's no way my 2016 self could be any different from this 1988 self.

That decision has been working out well for me so far, since I've been acting normal for Jackie, he offers for me to meet his brother to which I accept without a doubt. I'm not missing out on meeting Michael, not in a million years would I miss an opportunity like this.

Madison Square Garden is absolutely packed with people, which is no surprise because this is a Michael Jackson show. I would've given up a limb just to see him perform and now here I am, about to witness the magic myself. Who would have thought?

Jackie is leading me to our seats but the sudden urge to go to the bathroom comes up and I quickly turn around and try to find someplace to clean myself up but all the bathrooms seem to be taken up. I'm about to turn around and leave until a stagehand, seemingly popping out of nowhere, calls out to me. She seems to be relieved to have found me as she runs over to me.

"Hey! What are you doing out here? You were supposed to dressed an hour ago!" The girl drags me in through a door behind the stage, even as I tell her constantly I'm not the person she's looking for.

"You must have me mistaken!" The girl ignores my words and pushes me into a random dressing room, commanding that I get dressed. I roll my eyes at the fact that I've been brought back here, I'm supposed to be out front! I completely disregard the stagehand's instructions and wander out of the dressing room to find that I'm in a hallway of some sort. How all of this is here behind the stage beats me as I try to find out where the hell to go to get out of here.

"I wish I had paid more attention when she was leading me in here, it's like a maze in here."

Walking down one of the endless hallways proves to be successful as I find what seems to be an exit, but I can't quite make out if it reads exit on the door since the hall is so dimly lit so I open it and hope for the best. I find that I'm in complete darkness, tripping over something that seems to have been lying on the ground. I blindly search for a switch and when I do, I let out a gasp of surprise and excitement.

This isn't the exit at all, it's Michael's dressing room. I was on a quest for the exit but found the holy grail instead, hallelujah thank you Jesus.

After getting over my initial excitement, I look around his dressing room to find it's quite messy and the thing I tripped over was a jacket? Who leaves such a nice jacket on the floor anyways? And that's when I realized I tripped over the jacket rack and NOT the jacket. My fall knocked it over. I gently pick up the jacket, placing it back on the rack (not before smelling it once.)

"Lord, please forgive me, I swear I won't steal a thing," I clasp my hands together in prayer before continuing my look around the room.

I examine a good amount of books and pictures lying around, my lord this man was unorganized. All of them seem to be rare pictures (well, to me) but very sweet nonetheless. I swear standing in here makes me want to break down in tears but those tears of joy are cut short when I hear footsteps getting closer to the door, I definitely don't want Michael to come in here and see me snooping in his stuff!

I quickly look around for somewhere to hide and decide to forcefully jump behind his couch, I'm digging a deeper hole for myself every minute. I should've hid closer to the door!

I hear the sound of the doorknob being turned and two voices, one that makes me want to squeal like a teenage girl.

"Are you sure this looks good?" I hear movements, like someone running their hands through their hair. Slowly, I inch my head above the couch to see Michael and Karen Faye at the mirror. Michael seems to be looking over himself intensely.