1:Poe- Impressed

//Im going to dump a shit load of chapters because I was posting on a different site and forgot to post them here....//

I am new to the resistance, not knowing anyone else there except Leia. I sit at my desk, sifting through stats, maps, and war strategies. I was chewing on the end of a pen, deep in thought, when I felt someone sit down beside me. I looked up in confusion and saw that it was a young fighter Pilot. He had tanned skin, dark hair, and brown eyes. "Um, Hello?" I said, confused.

He smirked at me, "Hello there, what might your name be?" His voice was smooth and low, and gave me chills.
"My name is Y/N Y/L/N. What's yours?" I was a bit annoyed at his sudden appearance, but I was relieved to have an excuse for a break from stressing out.
"Poe. Poe Dameron. I'm a Pilot. The best in the resistance." He bragged, leaning back in his chair. Was he trying to impress me? Now that I think about it, he was kind of cute.
"I'm sure that's true." I smirked, gathering my papers.
He sat up, with a look of annoyance on his face. "It is true! I'll show you!" He stood up abruptly, holding out his hand to me. I sighed, taking it. He pulled me foreword, almost running out the door.
"Slow down, big shot!" I yell after him. He looks back, laughing. He stops abruptly and I run into him.
He looks down at me and smiles. "There she is!" He motions towards the ship. I have to admit, I was impressed. But he didn't have to know that.
"Wow. That's so cool." I say sarcastically, smiling at his reaction.
"This baby has been through a lot. I was the one who blew up Starkiller base, you know. I almost died." He leaned against the ship, smirking. I hadn't realized that I was talking to the Poe Dameron. The one that saved the galaxy. This didn't stop me from continuing to pretend as though I was not impressed.
"Really? I thought Chewbacca was the one who blew up Starkiller. I mean, he was the one who planted the bombs." I heard a sort of groggling (is that a word?) animal noise and I looked to see Chewy nodding his head and giving me a thumbs up.
I laughed and saw that Poe had puffed out his chest. "Yes but I flew into the base and lit it up." He seemed annoyed now, and was determined to impress me.
"It couldn't have been that hard. I mean, your ship is pretty small." I crossed my arms over my chest and raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah, but, um- this is the only ship that can go faster than light speed, you know. It's small frame makes it more aerodynamic." His voice went up in pitch and you knew that he was lying. You had to stifle a laugh as he crossed his arms and held his head high.
"Are you quite sure of that?" I said, my voice wavering as a tried not to laugh.
"One hundred percent. Ask anyone." He said confidently.
"Alright then." I turned around and shouted, "Hey! Orange Jumpsuit, come here!" A man whom I did not know jogged up to us, carrying his helmet. Poe looked like he had made a huge mistake. I tried not to laugh as I asked the stranger. "Is it true that-" Suddenly, Poe interrupted me.
"Hey! Actually... It's not that important. You seem busy. Carry on." The man seemed confused as he turned around and walked back to his station.
I looked at Poe and raised an eye brow. "Finally gave up?" He sighed and slumped against his ship. I began to feel bad for putting him down. I stood next to him and prodded his arm. "I'm sorry, I was just joking around. I think you're pretty great..." He looked at me with a slight smirk, and I could feel the warmth making its way back to my cheeks.
"You really think so?" He said in a low voice. He regained his posture and was facing me.
"Yeah, definitely..." I mutter, hoping to god my face wasn't red. He grinned, and looked at his feet.
"I'm sorry for exaggerating...I just...wanted to impress you. I heard from General Leia about some of the things you have done... you're amazing." His cheeks began to turn a light pink and I felt my heart in my throat. He looked back up at me, and I realized that I had been staring at him without responding.
"You-You really think I'm amazing?" I couldn't stop myself from grinning like an idiot.
He chuckled, seeming relieved. "Yeah! All of the battle plans that I've read by you are pure genius!" He seemed to geek out, running his hands through his hair, smiling widely. "God, I thought you'd hate me."
"Hate you?! You're amazing! I was just joking when I was talking about how unimpressive it was when you blew up Star Killer base! That was literally the most bad ass thing I had ever seen!" I exhaled deeply, realizing that I hadn't taken a breath.
If it were possible, his grin got wider. "Hey, do you maybe...uh, wanna go out sometime?" The pink returned to his cheeks, and I assumed that my face was beat red.
"I was wondering if you would ever ask!" His eyes lit up and he grabbed my hand. My heart stuck in my throat once again.
"I will see you soon, yes?" He kissed my knuckles, and I could feel my heart start to beat quicker.
"Yeah..." I seemed to be star struck as he smiled and let go of my hand.
He cupped my face with is hands and kissed my forehead. "I will see you then." He let go, turned, and left without another word. As I watched him leave, I thought about our next meeting, and until then, I would never be able to get him out of my mind.