Chapter 14 - My Everything

[ A/N : i actually love all of you readers, i wish i could meet all of you. that'd be amazing omg

oh, and welcome to the super-chapter ;) ]

[Riley's p.o.v]

From the moment I entered the apartment after my gig, I knew something was up. The silence in there was not normal. Usually you could hear something, the sound of the TV, the sound of a video being played on a laptop, or the sound of Dan and Phil chatting. But, no. Absolutely nothing.

I walked quietly through the flat, my Converse making that odd sucking noise with every step I took. I peered into the living room. I could see someone on the couch, asleep. I tiptoed up behind the sofa to see who it was.

It was Dan, who was snoring lightly, and was clutching a cushion tightly to his chest. I leant on the back of the couch for a moment, watching him. It was kind of sweet. He looked so peaceful. As I watched, his phone buzzed loudly on the coffee table next to him. Dan stirred, and I panicked. I didn't want him to catch me looking at him like a creep.

I stumbled backwards, catching my leg on a chair and falling right on my bum. Dan shot up, his eyelids heavy. He looked at me, lying on the floor, with a confused look on his face.

"Riley?" He said, in a low sleep-affected voice.

"I'm fine, I'm fine.." I muttered, forcing myself up. I stood up slowly, rubbing my back. I leant over and picked up the guitar case, which I had dropped when I fell.

"What..." Dan said slowly, squinting his eyes and looking around the room like he had no recollection of ever being here.

"I-I'm just gonna... go..." I coughed, pointing my thumb over my shoulder and slowly backing out of the room.

Once out, I leant against the wall and slapped myself. I shook my head, my hair swinging around. Better. I took another deep breath and knocked on the door to Phil's room. It swung open behind my touch.

"Hey, Phil!" I said brightly as I stepped into the room.

Phil looked up, his hair covering his eyes. He raised a hand to sweep it out of them.

"Riley!" He said, grinning and jumping up from the bed. He pulled me in close. I lifted my head just in time to stop it from bashing into his chest.

Something was definitely wrong. You know those times when you can just feel it? Like when your dog has gotten hit by a car, and your mum is being overly nice before she tells you? Ok, maybe not that morbid, but that general feeling.

"Are you ok?" I asked, my voice muffled into Phil's shoulder.

He withdrew, his blue eyes searching my face. His eyes were bloodshot slightly, and his cheeks were red.

"H-Have you been crying?" I asked quietly, my eyes growing wide.

"What?" Phil grew flustered, his head flicking quickly towards the mirror and back. "No, no, I just..um..poked myself in the eye, that's all."

"In both eyes?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

He screwed up his nose and pulled away from my touch, sitting back down on the bed. I sat tentatively next to him, my hand rubbing slowly up and down his back. We sat in silence for a few minutes, and we somehow ended up with our arms around eachother.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Phil asked, out of no where.

"Now?" I screwed up my nose, casting a glance at the clock.

"Yeah, let's get out of here for a bit. Make a date out of it." He seemed so much brighter at the thought, so what could I do but accept?

"Ok, then!" I grinned at him, his happiness infectious.