Chapter 1: YES...

“You need to go back; you’re leaving too much behind.”

“They’ll survive without me. They’re leaving in three days anyways they can manage.” I said I sat with my grandmother on a soft park bench. Is this was heaven is because if so I’m ready to leave, I said my goodbyes I gave the last of my instructions to Liam, though I think he was scared.

I was ready to die, wasn’t I?

“Look, your sister needs you, she just got you back and you want to leave,” she exclaimed

“No but-,” I started to protest

“Young lady no buts. That young man loves you, they all do but he the most. Now you go back there and you go with that boy.” She said as we looked down at the boys, Alexa and Tia Mon getting the news.

I sighed and stood up, it was peaceful here with the woman I cared so much about before she passed away.

“What if it’s like hell down there, what if I can’t take life there.” I said as my grandmother stood up and held my hands.

“You’re a strong girl you’ll manage and by the way, tell the curly haired one yes. It’s about time you left the U.S and ventured out. I love you Lexy Wexy.” I smile at the sound of my childhood nickname, a teary smile irrupted before we both gave a last hug.

“Wait how am I supposed to get down ther-,” I felt like the wind got knocked out of me, my eyes closed due to the natural reflex. I felt the need for air and slowly got the ability to inhale. I opened my eyes with the view of a crème colored, what might be a sheet.

I went to pull it off with my right hand but felt the stinging pain and dropped my hand down. I used my left and pulled the fabric off. My eyes went wide with the new found supply of oxygen and inhaled deep and fast.

“Oh my god!” my eyes snapped towards the unfamiliar voice. A woman backed into the wall and ran out. With my lungs still not getting enough oxygen I gasped for air like a fish out of water.

Seconds later a man in a white coat rushed in and saw my plead for air and grabbed an oxygen mask from above my head and smashed it to my face. I took along swig of air and felt my lungs open up.

“Alexis, Alexis can you hear me?” the man said still holding the mask. I nodded my head as I savored every puff of air I got. “Okay I’m going to start the I.V you may feel burning for a slight second okay.” I held my left thumb up. He smiled and turned to the white machine, a few beeps went off and I soon felt the burning run through my veins. My body shivered with the liquid running threw my body. The doctor shut the door and lowered the lights.

“Okay I’m going to run a few quick test.” I nodded in reply.

He held a small light to my eyes and told me to follow his index finger. Then he told me to touch each of my fingers to my thumbs which I was successful at, next he uncovered my feet.

“Okay I want a verbal ‘yes’ to these okay, if you can feel the touch say ‘yes’ but first wiggle your toes,” I did so, “okay here’s the verbal part,” he slid a long skinny metal stick at the bottom of my feet, I chuckled at the tickling sensation and said ‘yes’ both times.

I laid back down and felt pain shoot from my middle, I winced at the feeling and wish the doctor hadn’t seen. He walked to the machine that was giving me fluid.

“This is just a pain killer you’ll feel drowsy and begin to fall asleep in 3,”

“No I do- I don- I,” I felt my eyes get heavier. I didn’t want to go back to sleep without seeing them.