Chapter 24: "KNOCKED YOU OUT!?"

We get back to the center and Alexis isn’t in sight. “Where she go?” I asked not that I have to know but- oh who am I kidding.

“What time is it?” Carter ignores my question, Louis tells him its 1pm, “She’s on the roof, hey Styles why don’t you go bring her down for another round of Alexis vs. Styles?” I laugh and walked to the red door down the hall.

When I get to the top it’s a beautiful view of London, the fairest wheel and the ocean. By the edge is the girl I’ve missed for what seemed like decades.

“Alexis?” she turns and gives a smile. I walk towards her and sit inches away, without warning I feel her head lean on my shoulders. I flinch but recover just before she notices and rest her head on it.

“Remember that day we went to the swapmeet?” She asks with her eyes closed, I relax a bit and recover the memory.

“Yeah, the lads played with all the toys they bought for a day and never played with them again.” I chuckled

“Ha ha yeah, I miss those days.” We sat in silence for a while I finally built the courage to put my arm around her. “Harry?”

“Yeah,”

“You think we can go back to being friends like we used to be back at that swapmeet, well without the benefit part?” my heart aches as I get pushed off the deep end into the sea of friend zone, but if it means I get to see her more I don’t care.

“I’d love that.”

“okay so now that we’re cool, let’s get inside so I can kick your ass for real this time.” she stands up, the absence of her from my shoulder saddens me but snap out of it and follow her down.

“Carter pad up Harry we’re going in no practice, a real match.” She tells him

“Ha! I got my money on Lexy.” He says coming at me with arms full of red equipment.

“By the way, yesterday the announcer called her as Lexy Brooks, isn’t your name Alexis.” Eleanor asks.

“Oh great,” Carter rolls his eyes as he puts on my gloves and Alexis smirks,

“Smart ass accidently signed me in as my nickname he calls me, by the time the match started word spread a new fighter was going against the toughest by the name of Lexy. But it sounds better, in my opinion... Hey Liam give me a hand with this.” Alexis walks over and Liam puts on the same gear Carter’s putting on me.

We get in the rink with padded helmets, fingerless gloves, side pads and Carter gave me a cup you know to protect my manhood.

“Okay I want a good clean fight no kicks or punches lower the waist band.” Carter acts like the reff.

“Come on Harry my five bucks depend on you.” Niall yells I just roll my eyes.

“Just remember Harry I always believed in you and also you lose I’m buying dinner so DON’T LOOSE.” Louis shouts

“Shake hands,” I meet Alexis in the middle and grip her hand

“Brace yourself Styles, nobodies holding back, so don’t be afraid to hit me.” Alexis says. Carter makes a ding sound with his mouth and the next thing I know I’m on the ground with Alexis pinning me down.

“Come on Styles you’re too easy.” She laughs and gets up. I don’t think I’ve ever heard my last name so many times in a day, but I like how it comes out of her mouth.

“Again!” I say getting up, “No more holding back.” She smirks and Carter sounds off again. I was afraid to hit her so I held back on the jab to the shoulder.