Chapter 2: THE FLIGHT BEGINS

‘My heart skips-skips-skips-skips-skips-skips a beat.
I can see you're not yourself
Even when you're here with me
I know that you're somewhere else

So put another record on
Kiss and leave me on
Nothing really matters when we're dancing
Listen to the same sad song playing on repeat
'Cause every time we come this close, my heart skips, skips a beat’

I laid my head back as I looked out the window in the plane. The grey clouds making the scene relaxing. Oh and if you didn’t know, im finally on my way to the U.K, and the whole blackout thing was just me fainting from a panic attack. When I woke the doctor said I fainted due to the sight of blood, but I thought it was because everyone was panicking making me panic. The doctor also said that the reason I was bleeding was that one of the stitches opened up and opened a scar, no biggie.

After two days I was able to leaved and well lets just do that whole flash back thing…

~FLASH BACK~

“Are you happy to finally get home?” I heard Louis from the driver’s seat.

“Actually I’m nervous; I have butterflies, kinda creepy really.” I said looking at him through the rear view mirror.

The rest of the drive was quiet as we pulled in to IN-N-OUT BURGER. We got home in a matter of seconds. Niall helped me out of the car, I was still a little weak from the hospital, but the doctor said its like jet lag, I’ll get used to it over time.

“Can you take me to my room?” I looked at Niall while tightly clutching onto his arm. He nodded,

“Don’t you want to eat?” Liam asked as he heard what I said when we walked up the few stairs to the front door.

“Yeah but I don’t feel like eating in hospital hand me downs.” Niall helped me to my room but I could sense he wasn’t comfortable leaving me in my room alone. “You’re welcome to stay and sit on the bed, I’ll just change in the closet.” I picked out a blue comfy sports bra and loose short shorts.

I had a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror in the corner. I stood still just looking at myself, pale, the scares on my stomach and the bruises on my arm from the I.V’s, the fading scares on my thigh, I had lose a lot of weight making my ribs a bit noticeable. This wasn’t me this was the girl I was afraid of seeing since I was 10.

“You know they’ll go away.” I heard Niall from behind me. I looked through the mirror behind me, he stood there leaning agents the door frame, and arms crossed looking down. I turned slowly and walked to Niall. As he saw me coming he stood straight ready for me to lead the way to the kitchen but I had other plans.

I stopped in front of him and met his beautiful blue eyes. I leaned in and wrapped my arms around him and buried my head in his chest. He was taken aback for a bit but soon hugged back. I loved his hugs they were like a great big bear hug, warm, soft and comforting. The best.

“Come on they’re waiting for us.” Niall said pulling back. He led us to the kitchen island, and saw everyone waiting for us. There were two empty seats, one next to Louis and another next to Zayn. I saw Niall pull out the one by Zayn for him but I moved in swiftly and sat. Zayn looked surprised as I met eye to eye with him but he looked down.

“Hungry?” Harry said laughing seeing I downed five French fries at once.

“Hey you try eating cardboard food for 5 days straight.” I said, I glared at Zayn in the corner of my eye to see he barley finished half of his burger. As much as I wanted to me mad at him, I couldn’t find one trace of hate in my body. 

After a while we were done, Zayn left to his room and the others too. I was in my room lying on my bed staring at the ceiling, when I remembered the bathroom. I hadn’t gone in there since the incident. I slowly got up and shakingly placed my hand on the cold door knob. I turned it and opened it. I felt for the light in the corner, I closed my eyes and waited for my body to brace itself.