Chapter 38: "YOU DID IT AGAIN STYLES"

Day 2 with Haley

“You’ll be able to leave tomorrow if Haley will react good to breast feeding.” Rebecca, my nurse, said.

“But I didn’t want her breast feeding; the doctor said that I could use the breast pump.” I didn’t want to have to breast feed Haley in the middle of the public like most mothers.

“Well we can do that too. Where’s Harry?” she asked while showing me how to change Haley.

“Ugh he’s back at my house, to tell you the truth I’m glad I have this time with me and Hales.” I smiled putting the last sticky buckle on the side of the diaper.

“Already have a nickname for wittle Haley?” she said lightly tickling her tummy.

“Yeah, I’ve been trying different ones but they all sound weird but she seems to like Hales but I don’t know.” I picked up Haley and played with her toes.

“Can I ask you something?” Rebecca sat on the edge of the bed.

“Anything.”

“Why with his last name?” she asked nervously.

“I thought about that a lot, and I told harry because it had a nice ring to it but I lied. My last name is nice but it holds a history behind it, a history that contains a devilish woman who practically took my childhood, I didn’t want Haley to have that.” I told her, I’m glad Haley has Harry’s last name.

“You’re gunna be one hell of a mom, in a good way.” I kissed Haley’s small soft cheek and admired how much she looked like me and Harry and smiled

“I hope so.” As I finished a knock played on the door as it slowly opened revealing a revived Harry.

“Uh is it safe to come in with McDonalds?” he asked Rebecca

“Only if you have some for me.” She joked but Harry nodded his head and handed her a burger. She got up and smirked.

“Hm I was just joking but hey free lunch, I come by in 20 minutes and we’ll do another round of the breast pump.” I nodded and turned to Harry.

“So sleep well?”

“Mmm more or less.” Harry said

“What’s the more and what’s the less?”

“Well less being I rather you and Haley be there sleeping next to me, and more I dreamt about you and Haley coming home.” The thought of being in Harry’s mind while he sleeps is like music to my heart.

“I can’t believe we have a daughter.” Harry exclaimed.

“Is it crazy I’m afraid to let the fans see her?” I got nervous as I laid her in the hospital bassinet next to the bed and laid back watching Harry eat his Big Mac.

“I actually forgot about them, uh we don’t have to post pictures of Haley but they already know she was born this morning cause we kind of tweeted it at 3 o’clock in the morning.” My nerves jumped, my mind wanted to know what they were saying but my heart told me not to ruin the happy moment.

“Good, I think they can wait. So did you just bring for yourself or you’re gunna make me suffer watching you?” I joked as Harry took another bite of his burger.

“Well you can have a kiss, you’ll get the honor of kissing me and the taste of my food.” Harry smirked

“Um ew, that may sound appealing to others but not to me.” I laughed.

“Carter called” all of a sudden his voice got serious but he pretended it was nothing and continued eating.

“Really, why what did he say?” I was confused why did he call Harry instead of me…maybe it’s the fact Eleanor has my phone.

“He asked how you were doing, if the baby was okay, and…” he paused but I didn’t push him to spit it out, “ifyouweregoingtokeeptraining”

Harry spoke too fast making me confused and dizzy trying to figure what he said.

“Harry I just went through 6 hours of labor and I’m watching you eat while I have to eat hospital food, slow down and tell me.” I placed my hand over Harry’s.

“He wanted to know if you were going to keep training.” Harry said after a deep breath.

“Oh well me and him already talked about this.”

“What, when what did you say?” he almost choked on a French fry.

“I told him not for a long while; I wanted to devote all my time to us and Haley. Harry I love fighting I really do, do you have a problem with that?” I was trying my hardest to keep my attitude down for Haley’s sleep sake.

“No, well yeah, how are you going to be a mother and a fighter? I get that you love it but you have something new to love.” I could feel an argument coming, luckily Rebecca came in and said Haley needed to go back to the infinite area for check up.

“So I need to throw away what I want to do and love one thing, what about you Harry huh? What if I said I wanted you to stop performing and only love me and Haley, it’s ridiculous and stupid. I would never take you away from anything you love to do. I may say that I love fighting but that’s on another level of love, a level under the love I feel for you and Hales.” Got up from the bed and walked back and forth

“It’s different now! I’ll be on tour where will you be, you cant take care of a new born and toss her to the side and go play with Carter!” did he really just say that?

“Are fucking listening to yourself!? Harry do you think I’m going to be like my mother, you do huh? When I said a while I meant when Haley’s a few years old! And who cares if you’re on tour, Lou goes on tour with you guys and Lux turned out just fine, PERFECT EVEN! So don’t tell me how I need to stop what I want because you want me to be a stay at home mom, that’s how rumors start. That’s how your damn fans think I’m using you; that I don’t care, just for what you’re worth.”

“I didn’t say that, you are nothing like your mum and I’m glad you aren’t. I just don’t want our daughter to turn out like-,” he stopped and shook his head,

“Like who Harry, like me?” my heart shattered, “You really think that? Am I that bad of a person that it scares you that she might become like me?”

“Alexis-,” his voice got softer as  he heard the sob I was trying to hold in.

“No Harry tell me do you think she’ll be as corrupted as me? Fine.” I huffed and sat back on the bed before I passed out.

“What? Fine what?” he said

“I won’t go back to fighting.” As much as it hurt to say it I didn’t want to make a mess of this day.

“Are you sure?” he asked setting his food down

“If that’s what you want, I’ll tell Carter farewell.” I tried to hold back the sigh

Harry’s POV

“I’m going to walk to see Haley, uh yeah.” She got up and headed for the door.

“I’ll go with you.” I got up as she opened the door,

“No, I’d like to do something I like for once. Or do you want to take that away too?” she said with sarcasm deep in her voice and left.

“You did it again Styles.” I said to myself knowing I started something. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

see you sunday

-a