Wakey Wakey

I woke up in a tub of ice. I looked to the surface of the water and saw blurry, distorted faces. I felt myself being pulled up. I gasped for air when my body hit it. I was in shock.
"We had to get your temperature down", Sam said as Dean wrapped a towel around me. Dean put his arm around me.
"You good?"
I took some deep breaths. "Yeah", I said shivering.
They walked me out of the bathroom and I saw Castiel.
"What happened?", I asked.
"They wanted to take you, (y/n). You are on the wanted list. We have to keep you safe. For some reason, you didn't protect yourself. Instead, your body just over heated to the extreme.", Castiel said.
"You killed them all?", I asked in disbelief.
"We are hunters and we have an angel on our side", Sam replied.
I admired how good of hunters they were until I realized they could kill me in seconds.
"Sam. Dean. (Y/n). I have to go. Pray if you need me", Castiel said before flashing out.
"So I have to stay here so you can protect me or whatever?"
"Yeah. Pretty much", Dean said with a raised eyebrow.
"What if- what if I don't want to stay with you?"
"You have no choice. We won't let you leave and if you do slip by us, you better hope we find you before someone else does", Sam said.
"I'm gonna go get some supplies. Sam, you good for babysitting?"
"Yeah, Dean. Go"
Dean left and Sam sat on the couch. Getting past one is a lot easier than getting past two. But possibly still very challnging. He is huge. And scary. I sat on the ground in front of him. I was still shivering and wet, so I didn't want to get the couch wet. I stared up at him.
"You know you can trust us right?"
"Yeah. Sure"
"I mean it. You wouldn't be safer with anyone else"
"Yeah. I know"
"So why do I see the look in your eyes that says you're waiting for the opportunity to leave?"
I was shocked that he read me so well. "Because I will leave, Sam. You don't want to keep me safe. You're doing it because you have to. And I don't want to cause you and your brother trouble. You're hunters, so I know you have enough of that."
"What makes you so sure that we don't want to? We worked hard to find you."
"Sam. Just don't."
"Don't what?", he asked leaning towards me.
"Don't pretend you care about me", I said.
"It's not pretending", he shot back.
My flannel was rolled up, slightly, and the burns were visible. I quickly yanked it down.
"What's all that on your arm?"
"Nothing"
"It's clearly not nothing"
"It's not what you think, I didn't do it to myself", I said quickly. "I just don't have a good past with hunters."
"Yeah? Tell me more", he said sitting on the floor in front of me and locking his eyes with mine.
"Look. It's nothing. Just I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and I had to pay for that."
"Whoever did whatever to you, are they still alive?"
"Well. I couldn't kill them. This was before I could defend myself. But they're a hunter, so they could be dead for all anyone knows"
"What happened?"
"Sam. I haven't told anyone. I barely know you"
"Right. I understand. But if you ever want to discuss it, we will be here. I will be here. And if you told me who it was, I'd go out and find them right now"
"Thanks", I said smiling. He made me trust him. Damnit. What a dangerous thing of me to feel. Trust.
When Dean got back, it was a normal night. I had a small amount of alcohol and Sam and Dean taught me how to play poker. We used bullets as poker chips. It was fun. What happened the next day wasn't normal. And we weren't prepared.