Heal

I woke up. I felt my back exposed. The wounds no longer hurt.
"They're asleep. Upstairs", the woman said to me.
"I'm Jody"
"I'm y/n"
She smiled.
I stood, ignoring the pain.
"I'm leaving"
A look of shock spread across her face. "What?"
I pulled my shirt down over the bandages on my back. "Yes. They're asleep. It's my chance"
"Why would you leave?", she stood.
We were far from the door. I could make a run for it. Of course, I wouldn't get very far before the Sam and Dean alarm is sounded and I am caught.
" I am trouble to them.. I am a burden. They don't want me here"
"Sit", she ordered.
I was hesitant. But maybe she had something to say that would change my mind.
"They both love you. They worry about you like you're their own. From what I hear, you saved their bacon a few times too. They did everything they could to find you. Sam lights up when you're around. Dean is protective of you. Kid, you are set for life if you stick with them", she finished her speech.
She's right. And leaving has never helped.
"You can just get some rest while they are", she said.
"I am fine. I have plenty of rest"
We both sat back down. I finally broke the silence.
"I'm scared", I said in a low voice. I barely let those words come out of my mouth.
"Of?"
"Dying."
She was silent for a long time. She opened her mouth a few times like she was going to speak. Then, she finally did.
"When your lights go out, make sure you have no regrets. Make sure you have done everything you need to. Then, maybe it won't be so scary. Maybe it would be peaceful"
There was something about what she said that made me like it. The same thing had been screaming in my head, just not in those words. I don't know much about what is to come or why these things have happened. All I know is that I am here and I was put here for a reason. For now, I will remain answer less in this life. All that keeps me going in this madness is knowing that one day I will be satisfied with the life I lead. One day, I will make a heroic decision. One day I will pay Sam and Dean back for everything.
When they woke, Sam and Dean both gave me huge hugs. I saw Dean smile for the first time in a long time. God, I missed them.
We gave Jody a thanks and headed out. We weren't sure where, as we never are. But that was the life, always has been. Our life.
"So what secret are you two keeping?", I asked shifting my position in the back seat. I asked so casually that it took them by surprise.
"What are you talking about?", Dean asked.
"You're good liars. But not that good", I giggled.
"We aren't keeping anything from you", Sam said.
"Whatever", I replied and dropped it. Whatever it is, they'll tell me. They have to. And I have to trust them.
"So are we wanted in the monster world now?", I asked.
"Yes, y/n. We have to be careful. Like always", Dean replied.
"Wanted and on the run. The Winchesters and y/n", I said to myself.
We checked into another crappy hotel. Another sleepless night with them.
Dean decided to go to the bar across the street before sleeping. Then, there were two. Sam and I.
"Uh. I'm going to get some air", I said to Sam who was burying himself in his laptop and books. What the hell is he searching for?
"Okay", he said without looking up.
I sat outside the door and prayed for the first time in a long time.
"I'm not good at this stuff, God. But hear me out...Sam and Dean deserve so much. And I am asking you to please, just please... give them a break. Cut them some slack. Allow them to feel some relief", I ended my prayer and walked back inside.
I entered the room and was shocked to see Sam passed out among his books.
I moved his laptop and moved his books to the table beside the door. I threw a blanket over him and was glad he was getting rest.
I looked at one of the open books. I had to satisfy my curiosity before I went to sleep. It was lure, as expected. The page had "BINDING SPELL" written at the top of it. I heard the Impala and I slammed the book closed and jumped onto the couch and pretended to be asleep.
I am going to figure out what the hell they're keeping from me. Screw trust, it's too hard.