Chapter 41

*A year and three months later*

The sun had shined brightly as I sat between my parents grave. It had been years since I had seen them, and thought it was time to go and have a little chat.

"Hey guys" I smiled resting a bottle of coca cola on my dads grave and roses on my mother's. "I'm pretty sure if you were here, you would be disappointed in me." I whispered crossing my legs like a little kid. "I haven't seen the boys since I got out. There probably bigger and handsome!" I choked wiping a tear. "I'm not ready to see them though. I know, what kind of mother doesn't want to see their kids, but I don't feel ready to see Demi" I whispered. "I'll let you guys go. I'm going to go finish packing"

* * *

I taped the last box and slid it over to the door and looked around my apartment. I wasn't here very long, but I was ready to leave this hell hole. It had brought ugly memories every time I had stepped through the door. Memories of Demi dropping off the divorce papers, and me relapsing.

As I took the last box to the uhaul, I found Jennel sitting on the side walk looking at the sunset. She looked completely different then I remembered, but something about her till looked the same. Her hair was now all black, she seemed thinner, and was actually looking taller.

"How did you know I got out?" I asked placing the box in the uhaul and sitting beside her. She turned slowly and shrugged.

"I went to go see you. They told me you got out three months ago." I sighed biting the inside of my cheek. "Everyone thinks your still in there. Why aren't you visiting anybody? Its been a year and three months since you left" She asked.

"Let them think that. Its better that way." She shook her head playing with her fingers and tugging a small smile.

"Don't your kids matter?" She looked at me sternly trying to be calm. "They finally got the hint you don't want to see them, and haven't asked about you. Don't you think that's a little sad?" Water prickled my eyes as I listened to Jennel.

"Of course they matter. Its just tough Jen. I love them more then anything, but Its best if they don't ask for me. I realized I screwed up. They don't deserve a mom like that." I sighed.

"You said that us as Humans make mistakes, and we can learn from them. I did. I learned from my mistakes, and I'm still here beside you being your best friend. Even after everything we been through. I'm now a mom and realize that she needs both her parents in her life, like Nicky and Alex need both of theirs despite of our past." I sighed once again.

"You finally became a mom. Congrats!" My voice cracked. "I love them, and I need them. But its best
If I just lay low for a while longer" I whispered.

"Where are you going?" She asked as I stood up and walked over to the uhaul. She followed me and opened the door to the passenger side.

"My house." She nodded and climbed in and threw on her seat belt. I shrugged and started the uhaul, taking off. "What's her name?" I asked Jennel as she looked out the window.

"Amanda Jade Garcia" she smiled. Jennel never had a happy look in her eyes the way she had it right now. I was really happy and excited for her.

"That sounds cute! I bet she's beautiful!" I smiled keeping my eyes on the rode.

"She is. She has changed everything about me, but it was all worth it" I watched as Jennel spoke about her daughter in awe. It was something I thought she would never go through, and it sucked I wasn't there to support her.