Chapter 42

Dani's POV-

"Dan!! I'm here!" I heard Jennel yell as I was laying on the sand.

Yesterday before I dropped her off at her place, she asked me if she can come over, so I can meet Amanda. I told her it was fine as long as Des was ok with it.

I stood up from my seat and walked slowly inside and found Jennel on the floor of the living room playing with a really beautiful looking little baby girl.

She looked like Jennel in every way. From the shape of her eyes to the form of her lips when she smiled at her mother. When she gets older, I'm sure she's going to have the same smile as Jen.

"This is your Aunt Dani!" Jennel exclaimed picking up the little girl from the floor and handing her to me.

It was strange holding another baby that wasn't my boys. It was strange just holding a baby period. She was about a year old while the boys had just turned Six. It was a pretty big difference.

Amanda looked at me for a good minute, and I felt she was trying to tell me to hand her back to her mother, but I didn't. I just held her and smiled lightly as she grabbed my necklace.

"Your beautiful" I whispered taking a seat on the couch. I looked over at Jennel in disbelief that she had even had a baby. It was still so surreal to me.

"I think she likes you!" Jennel exclaimed as Amanda placed her hand on my cheek and smiled mumbling her baby talk.

"Well I like you, too!" I laughed as I kissed Amanda's little chubby cheek. "I still can't believe it Jen!" I giggled and stood Amanda on my lap. She laughed and I swear it was the cutest thing I had ever heard.

This actually had me thinking about having another kid, but then I think about everything I have done to Demi and everything I have done to myself, I don't think I can. I can't even go see the kids I have right now, and I'm here thinking about having another baby. It isn't right.

"She's already a year and two months and I can't believe it" Jennel laughed which caused Amanda to join her. I sighed and brought the little baby closer to me so I can hug her. This was probably the only time I can hug a baby until who knows when.

* * *

The week had went slow, but today was the day that Jennel and Destiny were going to start planning the wedding. I was pretty happy but nervous. I had to play a big part of this wedding, and I couldn't mess it up.

"Dan? What do you think about this?" Destiny asked me as I walked up and down the isle of the wedding dress shop. I stopped when I seen a very familiar dress. It looked like the same style Demi had wore hers.

I still remembered it like it was yesterday. Her brown hair done in amazing curls. Her smile that never seemed to leave her face that day. Her eyes when they watered as she walked down the isle towards me. The way the sun was shining that day that made her eyes seem more beautiful than they already were. She was gorgeous.

"Dani!?" Des yelled. I shook my hand whipped the tear that had managed to escape my eye.

"Huh? What did you say?" I asked walking towards her and looking at her dress that she had picked out.

"What do you think about the dress?" She asked again holding the dress higher.

"Wow. Its really beautiful! Are you gonna try it on?" She nodded before handing me her purse and walking away to the dressing rooms.

I was honored that Des had asked me to tag along with her, but the thing was, we were never close. So I was surprise that she asked. I understood why Jennel couldn't come, but why did I have to.

"Um, Do you mind if I sit here?" I looked up to see Demi with a nervous expression as she looked at the empty seat beside me.

"Yeah. Go ahead." I scooted away and waited patiently for Des.

"How have you been?" I was taken back at what was happening. Is she really talking to me?

"I'm ok. How are you? How are the boys?" I asked back. It feels like the right thing to do to ask about my boys. She sighed lightly like she didn't want me to hear and looked at me.

"I'm good. They're good to. They started second grade and seem to really love it" I felt like my heart was shattered into a million more pieces. I have missed the boys so much, but I don't feel like a good mom.

"That's really good to hear." I said calmly as possible as I felt like choking on my words. She seemed to notice and looked at her hands.

"They miss you" she said like that would make me feel better.

"Demi, you don't have to lie. I know they hate me. Jennel told me they don't want anything to do with me and that's fine. I understand." I placed my hands together and lifted them up so my chin rested on top of them.

"Danielle. They do miss you. Its just hard cause they haven't seen you in a year. Just come bye and see them. Please?" I slowly looked at her and watched as her eyes began to grow with sadness. "I know you don't want anything to do with me, but at least for them?" I sighed rubbing my temples.

"Ok then. I'll go when they get out of school" she smiled lightly and nodded.

When Des finally decided to come out of the dressing room, she was so happy that Demi was here. I smiled happily that Des wasn't going to need me anymore.

"I'll let you girls go. I have some things to do" Des nodded with a smile before hugging me. Demi stared at me sadly before nodding her head. I know me and Demi are no more, but it isn't bad if I hug her, right? I mean, she still carry's a big place in my heart.

I slowly walked over to her and opened my arms for her to walk in them. She was hesitant at first, but she smiled and wrapped herself around me. I Nuzzled my nose into her neck and lightly took in her sent, trying not to make it look weird.

"See you later then?" I asked Demi as I pulled away. She nodded and smiled as she waved to me.

*

A/n: I start another semester today...not really looking forward to it. -.- comment what you think might happen next chapter.