Chapter 49

a/n: last chapter of the book. read the end, for the info on the continuation!

I stared out the window staring deeply at Demi. She waited for the boys by the mailbox with a juice pouch in each hand looking out down the street. She had been out there for the last five minutes now.

"Tomorrow is fine." I mumbled as I held my phone to my ear. "I think it will be nice for her to see you guys. I'll have the pool ready."

"How is she?" Diana asked about her daughter with a hint of worry evident in her voice.

"I dont know. She was fine, and now I feel she's been a bit distant. I hope having you guys over tomorrow, she'll feel better." I heard a sigh at the other end of the phone. "I'll let you go. The boys just got here and Demi promised them we would get started with the nursery."

"Yes. We'll see you tomorrow. I'm Happy you're back in Demi's life. Even if she doesn't want to admit it, she needed you." I nodded scared to hear myself choke.

"A-And I needed her." I stammered. "We just needed a break. But I promise Diana, I'm still in love with your daughter. That's never going to change." I stated truthfully pulling back the curtain to look at Demi helping the boys down.

"I know. I can still hear it in your voice. I'll go so you can be with the boys. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Bye." I answered with a simple bye and hung up before I jogged to the door to answer it.

"My favorite little men! How was school today?" I asked happily as Nick extended his arms towards me to pick him up. I balanced him in my hip and removed his backpack.

"Great for just staying in suspension." Alex shrugged removing his backpack and placing it on a hook by the door. He grabbed Nicky's and did the same.

"You're almost done with it. Just till Friday." Demi sighed smiling slightly.

"Alex? Can you take Nicky upstairs to change. I want you guys to put on some old shirts and shorts. We're painting the baby's room." Alex nodded and took Nicky's hand as I placed him down. They both than ran up the stairs. "Want anything before we start?" I asked Demi.

"I just need to change." She smiled. I took her hand and pulled her towards me resting my hands firmly on her waist.

Not having Demi as mine was crushing me. All I wanted to do was kiss her till my lips fell off. I Want her. I need her. She still means so much to me.

"Demi?" she hummed in response looking up at me. "I love you." I whispered.

"You do?" She stammered. "after everything? After making you relapse, kind of not letting you see the boys, having a baby from some doche bag?" I placed a finger gently On her lips making her quite down.

"It was my fault. I did those things on my own. You did what was right Demi. I'm the one that should apologize for going off with Lily-" she cupped her hand over my mouth and shook her head trying her best not to release the tears that threaten to spill.

"Please." She choked. "Don't talk about it. It hurts every time." I nodded and gasped lightly when I felt pain in my chest. I couldn't believe I hurt her. "Dan, I love you to. More than you'll ever know." Slowly tears rolled down her cheeks landing on her white shirt. "But every time I see you, I picture Lily and you together. I'm trying so hard to look pass it." She cried harder as she uncupped her hand away from my mouth.

"I know things between you and I won't be the same. The biggest mistake and regret was letting her take advantage of me. I was so vulnerable not being able to be with you." My vision began to feel clouded as tears prickled my eyes. "Demi I want to be with you. I want to spend the rest off my life with you. If you want me to go on my hands and knees to beg I will." I began to crouch down when Demi grabbed a hold of my arm and lifted me up.

"That isn't nessary." she sighed. she placed a hand on my cheek and looked at me deeply.

"Bu-" she stopped me from talking.

"When I first met you, I was completely nervous." She stated. I released a chuckle remembering differently. "I know I didnt show it, but I was." She giggled. "But when i talked to you on the tour bus, I felt like I can talk to you freely without you judging me or bombarding me like fans usually did. You were different. So I knew I had to get you for myself. I knew it was wrong cause you were with Jennel at the time, but I don't regret it." I bit lightly at my lip slightly getting confused. "I somehow always knew you were made for me. You have delt with all my trails and tribulations, and you're still here fighting for me to give you another chance." I released tears looking down at my feet. "The thing is Danielle, you never lost me." I looked up at her suddenly.

"Huh?"

"I never turned in those divorce papers. i threw them in the fire place and well, you know." A smile crept to her face as tears continued to spill. "We're still technically married." I threw my head back and smiled so big looking up at the ceiling. "I didnt say anything cause I was scared you did want the divorce. That you didn't love me." I looked down at her and sighed.

"You're something. You know that?" She nodded. I snaked my arms around her holding her against me as tight as possible trying not to hurt the baby. Like if I released her, she was going to leave me once again.

I felt her belly jump and knew the baby was kicking. I smiled softly and placed both my hands on her stomach, feeling the baby kick and what not.

"you're everything to me." She whispered resting her chin on my chest so it was easier for her to look at me.

"you're my everything." I smiled down at her and bombarded her with kisses along her forehead, cheeks, and nose. She erupted in laughter, which was music to my ears.

"Mom! We're done." We heard Alex yell from the foot of the stairs. "We are going to be in the nursery."

"Let's get you changed so we can get started on the room." I sighed happily taking Demi's hand in Mine and carefully dragging her upstairs to the room. "I love you, Demi."

*

a/n: please vote on the the continuation so i can start uploading chapters. its called "little".