Chapter 46

When we got to my house, I helped Demi with the kids. She grabbed Alex by his hand and I grabbed a sleeping Nicky.

"Do you guys want home made pizza, or burgers?" I asked laying Nicky on the couch.

"Pizza is fine" I nodded and went to the kitchen.

Demi walked in and leaned against the counter as she watched me make the dough. I felt her staring at me, and it brought back amazing memories.

"Alex? Can you come in here please?" Alex footsteps were being heard as he ran into the kitchen. "Now, with everything going on, I blame myself. So, if your mom would let me, I want to still be apart of yours and Nicky's lives. What do you say?" I looked down at Alex and bent down to his level.

"I don't know?" He shrugged. "What if you leave again?" I lightly bit the inside of my cheek and held out my pinky.

"I'm never going to leave you guys ever again. It was a mistake that I left the first time" He nodded and interlocked his pinky with mine. He wrapped his little arms around my neck and held on to me like when he was younger.

"I'm sorry" I heard him whisper. He pulled away and wiped his tears. Demi bent down and hugged Alex kissing his cheek.

"I love you bubs. Its OK, as long as you behave" Alex nodded and hugged us both. I peeked over at Demi as she did the same. "Thank you" she mouthed. I nodded taking her hand.

*

"Thanks again" Demi said as she held the door open for me from a guest room. I laid Alex down and told Nicky to there as well.

"Of course. They're my kids to and I should be there for them" she nodded with a light visable smile.

"I never got to tell you thanks about the Disney tickets. The boys were happy" I closed the door to the guest room and walked to the back door leading to the beach.

"I'm glad." I sat on the porch and motioned Demi to take a seat as well. "How's work?" I asked making conversation.

"Works work" Demi said like whatever, but smiled releasing a giggle. "I'm making a new album and some songs are being released already".

I love the way Demi use to tell me about work. She had this smile and this way of talking when it came to it. You can tell she loved what she does.

"Thats great. Listen, Demi. I just want you to know I'm sorry. I never ment to hurt you or the boys. Why did I do what I did? I don't know. But since the minute it happened, it has ate me away. It still continues to eat at me. I never got to properly say sorry, so I'm sorry Demetria for every ounce of pain I caused." Demi placed her finger on my lips as her eyes began to water.

"Dan. Can we not talk about it?" I nodded and put my head down to look at my fingers. "The past is in the past. Let's just focus on the boys" I mentally sighed in relief. I felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders.

"Ok" I whispered and watched the waves crash with one another.

*

I heard giggles and knew the boys were awake. I opened an eye and watched as the boys climbed on top of me.

"Boys. Its early" I laughed. "Where's your mom?" They shrugged climbing off and seating on the empty couch. I had given Demi my room, so I slept on the couch.

I stood up and stretched before going to my room to See Demi. She wasn't on the bed though. I peeked into my restroom and found her hovering over the toilet throwing up.

"Are you ok? Was it my pizza?" I said with a nervous giggle.

"No, its just I haven't really been feeling good" I sat by her and rubbed her back.

"Want me to take you to the doctors?" She shook her head resting her head on my shoulder. She began to cry and I knew something was wrong. "Come on"

"Where?" I stood up and carefully pulled her up with me.

"The hospital" she snatched her hands away from me and shook her head.

"I'm fine. Just feeling under the weather. Nothing to get worked up on"

"Don't be ridiculous, Demetria. We're going" I tried to grab her hand again and she backed away.

"Mom? Go to the doctors. Maybe there's something wrong with the bab-" Demi yelled cutting Alex off.

"ALEX!"

"The what?" I said confusedly. "Let him finish" I bent down to Alex's level and motioned him to go on.

"The baby. Maybe the baby is hurt" I raised a brow and looked up at Demi who began to cry uncomfortably.

"Alex, go to the living room with Nicky" he nodded and ran off. "Baby? Your pregnant?" I stood up straight and looked at Demi straight in the eyes.

"I wanted to tell you" she placed a hand on my forearm which i swatted away. "But-"

"How can you be having a baby!?" I yelled. "HOW!?"

"I-it was w-when everything happened with y-you and Lilly. I B-began to go out every night. I-i don't remember most nights" She cried harder trying to touch me. I walked out of the bathroom and sat on my bed.

"Why couldn't you tell me?" I whispered as she slowly walked out of the restroom.

"I-i didn't think it mattered" she wiped her tears with the collar of my shirt that I lent her and leaned against the wall.

"Yeah. We're divorce and all that shit, but you still matter to me" I should have bitten my tongue, but I still hear myself speaking. "I still love you Demi and here you are holding some bastard's baby." I sniffed as I began to cry. Why did I tell her I still loved her? "But it was bound to happen. Your happy with someone else. I get it"

"But I'm not-" I cut her off.

"Leave me alone. I want to be alone. I want to be far away from you right now" I spat. Her lips quivered.

Next thing I knew, Demi ran out of my room and out the house dragging the boys along. I dragged myself out of my room and headed for the wine cabinet. Just a drink won't hurt. Right?

Right.

* * *

A/n: I'm updating a lot again. This is probably my only escape of the real world. Comment and tell me what you think.