Chapter 45

"Please be good!" My mom shouted at me as I climbed up the bus and helped Nicky follow.

"OK!" I yelled back. I ran to the way back of the bus and waited for Nicky to take his seat and slid next to him.

Mariah and Micheal were the last to enter the bus and took their seats by Nicky and I as they always did. Mariah smiled at me and said her hello to my brother. He waved and sat back as he watch the trees pass by the window.

"You should come to my house today. My dad got me a new game!" Micheal shouted at me.

"Ok, sure. I'll try" I smiled. "Did you guys like your gifts?" Michael nodded and went on about how he loved his gift and how much he had with it this morning.

"I loved mine. Thank you" Mariah said with a slight smile. I nodded at her and sat back on my seat dreading the ride to school.

The whole time at school was boring, minus art and PE which I had with Mariah. I had to sit out because I was in trouble, but Mariah sat next to me and kept me company.

When lunch came around, I ran to the line and grabbed my food to sit at the Table me and my friends hung out in. Michael and Will were already waiting.

"Hey dude! Who's the guy with your brother?" Will asked as I took my seat in front of Michael.

I looked up and scanned the cafeteria and found my brother with the special needs kids. There was this bigger kid hovering over him. Nicky looked upset. Like he wanted to cry.

"Where are you going?" Yelled Michael. I ignored him and walked over to my brother.

"Is this kid bothering you, Nicky?" I asked. Nicky nodded and I pushed the kid to the side.

"You have a girl fighting your battles?" The kid laughed and pushed me back. I stumbled back almost hitting Nicky and one of his classmates.

"For your information, I'm a boy and his brother, so don't bother him!" I pushed back which he fell to the floor.

The cafeteria went silent and every single person's eyes were on me. I felt scared, but I couldn't show it. Anybody can mess with me. I don't care if I'm going to be seven, but if you mess with my brother, its a whole different story.

The kid stood up and buffed out his chest so he looked tougher. Nicky stood up and began to push me away. I sat him down. The kid walked towards me and grabbed the collar of my shirt. I should be mad though. My mom had iron this shirt this morning.

"Leave my brother alone" I said through gritted teeth.

"Or what?" I poked his eyes to let me go. When he did, I punched him in the stomach which he held as he fell to the floor.

"Mr. Lovato!" I looked up to find Nicky's teacher. "To the office Now. Take Nicky with you" i obeyed taking Nicky's hand and dragging him along to the office.

I don't know how long Nicky and I were sitting there, but I knew it was awhile when I saw my mom walking towards the office from the glass window with a mad face.

Am gonna get it .

"What now, Alexander?" She whined. She knelt down in front of Nicky and messed with his hair. "Did Alex get you involved?" Nicky shook his head.

"Demetria?" I looked towards the door and found my other mom or shall I say, Dani. I looked at mom who stood up.

"They called you to?" She asked her. Dani nodded smiling over at Nicky who took her hand.

"Ah! Mrs. Lovato, and Mrs. Lovato" The principal walked out of his office and over to my mom and Dani to shake their hands.

"Its Actually Ms. Martinez" Dani said shaking his hand. My mom turned around instantly and weridly looked at her sadly.

"My apologies. Let's go into my office"

* * *

Dani's POV-

Demi looked at me painfully. I know it had to do with my last name, but were divorce. I thought Demi would like it if I took my name back. You know since she clearly was the one that asked for the divorce.

"OK, now. Alex has been getting into a lot of trouble. This isn't the first incident were he fought with another student." I coughed lightly and looked at Demi then at Alex. "He's in my office more than he is in class. Now, we can only handle so much bad behavior. If he keeps it up, he'll be kicked out of this school"

"I have a good reason this time for fighting though" Alex interrupted.

"I would love to hear this" I whispered sarcastically. He rolled his eyes as he heard me.

"Hey! No matter what she's your mom. Don't roll your eyes" Demi stated pointing a stern finger.

"No she isn't!" He yelled.

"No yelling at your mom. If you like it or not, Alexander, I am your mom. You still have to treat me with respect" I sounded like one of those bad mother's, but I am tired of him hating me. I know I left, but no matter what, I love them.

"But you left" he said softly. I guess I scared him. He sniffled hiding his face with his hair.

"I left to get better. If I would have stayed, you would have stayed with a monster. I didnt want you guys staying with that person." alex looked up and wiped his face. "Now, tell us why you fought"

"T-this kid was messing with Nicky. H-he was trying to make him cry" I looked over at Nicky who looked at his brother. He looked over at the principal and nodded as in Alex was telling the truth.

"Why didn't you get an adult?" The principal asked.

"I don't know" he fidgeted with his fingers.

"Well Ms. Lovato and Ms. Martinez, he will be suspended for three days for fighting. So will the other kid. You can take him now" I looked at Demi and sighed motioning her for us to go. I signed Nicky out as well and got their stuff so we can leave.

"What I'm I going to do with you?" Demi said with anger hint in her voice. "I'm running out of patients, Alex. I have been getting calls from the school non stop because of your behavior" I crossed my arms and looked between Alex and Dem.

"I'm sorry" Alex whined.

"Let's talk about this at lunch. Have you guys had lunch yet?" The three of them shook their heads at me. I smiled lightly and took Nicky by his hand. "Very well. Let's go to my house"

As much as I didn't want Demi to find out were I lived, I invited her. For the boys sake, but like I said before, Demi still has a special place in my heart. That of course would never change.

* * *

A/n: trying to upload the stories more often. Comment and tell me what you think will happen next.