Chapter 17

DAMMIT GUYS, I JUST THANKED YOU FOR 5K AND NOW WE AT 6K... I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

ALSO MAX SENT ME THESE TWEETS LIKE RIGHT AFTER I POSTED THAT UPDATE... I WAS LIKE 'NO NO MAX ITS OKAY REALLY' LIKE PLS ITS OKAY I LOVE YOU MAX

---------

-Max's POV-

The rest of the week was pretty normal. We did our jobs, ate, whatever. But the few days leading up to Saturday felt unbelievably long and it seemed like it would never come.

So when Saturday came, it was unexpected and out of nowhere.

"Hey Max, where are we going tonight?" Ross asks, sitting down at the table next to me.

"U-Um, it's a surprise!"

The truth was, I didn't fucking know. I had spent the last few days anticipating this day, so I never really though about where we would actually go.

"Oh, okay! I can't wait."

The whole work day, I was thinking and thinking and researching and freaking out. Why was I such an idiot? I wanted this to be perfect, but I had no idea where we were going.

I finally decided just to ask Ross where he wanted to go. I get up from my desk, and head to his office.

I look through the window, to see that he was skyping. It looked like he was talking to Shelby. I put my ear up to the door, and start to listen to Ross.

"Yeah, we're going on our first date tonight! ... Yea, I'm really nervous ... Oh, I hope so ... I'm so excited ... Thank you so much!"

I then decide to knock on the door.

"Come in!"

I enter to see that it was, in fact, Shelby he was talking to.

"Am I interrupting something?"

"O-Oh, no! We were just chatting."

"Ah, I see. I just came to ask where you'd like to go for our date tonight. I have some ideas, but I know where you want to go."

"Oh! Well, um... let's see... nothing fancy really, I'm fine with anything, as long as I'm with you."

I could feel my heart start pounding.

"O-Okay! I'll figure something out!" I quickly exit his office, shut the door, and head back to my desk.

I start grinning like an idiot. He was too adorable, I couldn't handle it. He could make someone like me, who was supposed to be angry all the time, get worked up and flustered.

I continue to think about where we would go, and I eventually decide that we could just hang out around the mall and the park. He really seemed to enjoyed doing that, and the first time I kissed him was that night at the park.

I work hard the rest of the day, getting as much I could done so that day could just end. I wanted nothing more than to go on this date.