Chapter 20

So one of my best friends who I've known for about a year now, Ellinxr, has this really awesome book called 'To Wizen' that you should all go read right now because it's fucking amazing.

aLSO SHE WROTE A REALLY AWESOME MITHROSS ONESHOT SO YOU SHOULD CHECK THAT OUT TOO ALONG WITH HER OTHER ONES

Oh, and sorry for not updating. My mental health hasn't been great lately and I've had trouble focusing. Thank you everyone for being patient, I love you! <3

--------

-Max's POV-

I'm still working by the time dinner is ready, and Ross has to bring me my food. I was doing way more than I was supposed to, but I wanted to make sure that the videos were edited and ready to be uploaded.

Before I know it Ross is stumbling into the room, rubbing his eyes as he tells me how late it is.

"Can we go to bed?"

"But I need to get this stuff done."

"Please Max... I can't sleep without you."

Well I couldn't say no to that. I save my work and shut down my computer, then crawl into bed with Ross.

-------

I wake up to an unbearable pain in my knee. It was normal since my knee hadn't fully healed, but it was way worse than usual. I had meant to get it check out, but I hadn't set aside a time to go to the hospital.

I awoke Ross with my groaning, to which he sat up with a worried look on his face.

"Are you okay?"

"My knee.. hurts like fucking hell."

Ross removed the blanket from over us, causing me to shiver. He inspected my knee, peeking under the bandage and frowning.

"When was the last time you changed this thing? Your wound looks infected..."

I shrug as I lay my head back on my pillow, while Ross gets out of bed and leaves the room. A few minutes later, he arrives with Tim.

"Come on Max, we're changing your bandage, then we're going to the doctor. Ross and I are worried about you."

Tim and Ross help me stand up and guide me to the bathroom, where they have me sit on the bathtub and take the bandage off.

I gag at the sight of the dry blood, grabbing a towel and handing it to Ross as Tim turns the water on.

They manage to mostly clean up the wound, then proceed to put a new bandage on. Tim starts the car as Ross helps me get dressed, and we make our way to the hospital.

-Ross' POV-

I seemed perfectly calm and collected on the outside, but in reality I was freaking out and trying not to have a panic attack. I was probably over reacting, but I couldn't help but worry about Max when he was in so much pain.

We offer to take Max to the ER, but he declines, and instead we sit in the waiting room, as I tightly hold his hand to try and ease the pain a bit, but it didn't seem to be helping at all.

When a doctor is finally available, Tim and I are forced to sit in the waiting room as Max gets checked out.

I start to tear up as I think about all the terrible things that were probably not true.

"Ross, he's gonna be fine. He's tough and you know this."

Tim was right. Max might be really sweet once you get to know him enough, but he was still one of the toughest people I knew.

Finally Max exists the office followed by the doctor, and I'm shocked to see him leaning on crutches.

"He's going to be fine, but he needs to stop walking on his leg. He keeps opening the wound back up. I've told him to try his hardest to not walk as much, and if he does, to use his crutches."

Max has a weak smile on his face, but I could see in his eyes that he was in a shit ton of pain.

The doctor hands me a bag with some painkillers and more bandages.

"Change the bandage once a day until it's completely healed. Keep him in bed, and don't allow him to do anything psychical if it involves his leg."

Tim and I help Max out of the building and to the car, where we lay him down in the back seat. I have him take some painkillers, then he dozes off.

"See Ross, he's fine. You have nothing to worry about." Tim tells me as he starts the car and we head home.

When we arrive home, it's early afternoon and Max is hungry. Tim wasn't in the mood to cook, so we decide to just order pizza. Max didn't feel like sleeping, so I start up Undertale for him to play as I cuddle on the couch next to him.

"Feeling any better?" I ask as I play with the sleeve of his shirt.

"Yeah, a lot better. Thanks for taking me to the hospital, I was too stubborn to I guess."

I text Adam and everyone else from work, letting them know what was going on with Max.

Ethan informed me that the power was back on and that we were to come into work tomorrow. There was someone new joining the offices. I had no idea who, but Adam said that I knew him and that it was a surprise.

--------

DAMN TAYLOR BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH THE WRITERS BLOCK

WOW IT TOOK ME A MONTH TO WRITE HALF OF MAX'S POV AND AN HOUR IN CLASS FOR THE REST

BUT YAY FINALLY AN UPDATE!

oh also!! one of my best irl friends made a wattpad and going to post supernatural stuff! I'm not personally into it so I won't be writing any but you should check her out for Destiel stuff!! check her out: morningstarcas