Chapter 23

-Max's POV-

I wake up with my head spinning so much to the point that I end up throwing up and struggle to even sit up. I reach for my phone and turn it on, surprised to see that it was already past noon.

The longer I stared at my phone the worse my migraine got, so I decided to just lock it again and lay back down.

Everything was still spinning and the pain wasn't letting me rest my eyes. I decide to try and find some pain killers, but as soon as I put pressure on my knee I felt like I had been stabbed.

I fall back into the bed, giving up on attempting to do anything.

Buzz

I grab my phone and turn the screen on.

Tim: you alright?

Me: ...yeah sure. I just woke up and threw up, but I think I'm fine. is ross alright?

Tim: uh... yeah.

Me: tim.

Tim: no, he's pretty upset and worried about you.

Me: tell him that I'm fine.

I had the perfect opportunity to ask for help, but I didn't want to give them the trouble of driving home, especially in traffic.

Using the wall as support, I eventually stand up and somehow limp to the bathroom. I try my best to ignore the splitting pain in my leg and head as I open a cabinet and look for painkillers.

I have a hard time reading the labels, but I eventually find what I need. I take a few pills then drink some water out of the faucet.

I start to feel a bit better as I head back to my bed, but I end up tripping over something and falling onto the floor, hitting my head on what I assumed was my bed frame in the process.

"Shit..."

I try to get up, but my head's spinning even more now as I feel myself loosing consciousness. My arms finally give out after a few second of trying to life myself up.

"Ross..."

-Ross' POV-

I grab my things and immediately run to the car, not even bothering to wait for Tim as I hop into the passenger's seat.

I had spent the rest of the day recording some videos, which helped me a bit but I still couldn't help but worry for Max as I felt time going by slower and slower.

Tim finally gets in the car and we start driving home. But as we grow closer and closer, I feel a sinking feeling in my stomach.

"Ross, you okay? You don't look too good." Tim asks.

"I- I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. I just have a feeling that something is wrong..."

"Don't worry about it, everything will be fine."

We finally arrive home, to where I quickly run up to our apartment and head inside. I open the door expecting the worst, but everything seems to be fine as KP approaches me, purring as usual.

"Max?"

No reply. I quietly head to his room, looking out for anything unusual or suspicious, but everything seems to be fine.

I knock on his door, to which I get no reply. Assuming he's asleep, I slowly open the door, expecting to see him wrapped up in his blankets.

Instead, my face flushed as I immediately drop my bag and run to his side.

"Max? Max?!"

I roll him over to his side to see that he had a large cut on his forehead, and he was unusually pale.

"Ross what the fuck are you yelling about- HOLY SHIT."

"Call an ambulance or something!"

Tim rushes to grab his phone as I continue to stay by Max's side.

"Why didn't I stay home? I'm such an idiot."

Tim comes back with a wet cloth and on the phone as he tries to clean up the cut, while I watch while also trying not to cry.

"Ugh..."

I'm startled by the sudden noise from Max. I watch as he slowly opens his eyes and immediately brings his hand up to his forehead.

"Don't touch it Max. I'm cleaning it. We're calling an ambulance, okay?"

Max nods as he closes his eyes again. I could tell that he was in pain. I rub his back in an attempt to help him.

"What exactly happened?" I and.

"U-Uhm... I'm trying to remember... I think I had gotten up to get something and as I was heading back to bed I tripped and passed out."

I frown as I grab his hand and squeeze it. I hated myself for not being there, but at least I was there now.

Tim leaves the room and continues talking on the phone as I continue to hold his hand, while also holding the cloth to his forehead.

"Alright, the ambulance is here. Let's go."

------------

oKAY HOLY SHIT SORRY TO CUT THIS SHORT BUT I WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR NOT UPDATING AND I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR 60K READS AHHH

THE LAST TIME I UPDATED THE BOOK HAD 45K READS AND IT GAINED 15K? JFC

ANYWAYS SCHOOL IS ALMOST OVER SO I SHOULD BE UPDATING, THOUGH I THINK THE END OF THIS BOOK IS NEAR

HAVE A NICE DAY!