Chapter 2~The Gang

There should be no reason as to why the light was blinding me, and why the sun was shining so brightly. But the sun was blinding me and the sun was shining way too bright for my liking. And to think that was a bad thing to wake up to...well there're worse things to wake up to. A murderer holding a knife. Your parents violating your privacy.

In my case, it was worse.

Not one, but four strangers staring down at me. The worst part was that I had no idea where I was. Well, the location of course. I was in a bedroom of some sort. Cream colored wallpaper, large, but had a nice homey feeling to it. It was very organized as well.

"Ummm...hi?" I felt pretty nervous. Not every day you have four pairs of eyes on your every move.

There were three guys and one girl. Three, I recognize from the alley and the girl...not so much. She was gorgeous, though. A light complexion, blonde wavy hair, and brown, chocolate eyes. She was also small, maybe smaller than me.

The guy I called dopey, let out a laugh. He stood next to the girl and seemed to be slightly taller than her. He had brown curly hair, and soft eyes that were twinkling now. "I told you all that she would wake up. She isn't sleeping beauty, but she does sort of look like her," he stated.

The strangers, or gang members were still staring at me. Personally, I think they are studying me, leaving me in an even more creepy feeling. I frowned at the one who seems to love making jokes.

"Is that supposed to be a nickname?" I asked.

He blinked and then smiled. "Do you want that to be your nickname?"

"No," I replied, getting mad. "You aren't supposed to copy me. I gave you a Disney name first." I crossed my arms and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well...what was it? I'm awfully curious."

"Dopey."

"Dopey," he repeated. I nodded. "Well isn't that lovely guys? Dopey." 

The girl smiled at him but then beamed at me. She let out a squeal and rushed over to the bed, sitting on it. She was practically in my private bubble. I doubt she ever heard of personal space.

"Hi! My name is Aurelia, but do call me Ari. Do you know how happy I am to see you? I've been stuck with these guys for years. And now, another friend. How splendid is this?" I must have looked scared to death because someone gently pulled her away.

"Don't scare her Aurelia." It was an order, possibly a soft one, but it didn't stop me from looking up. The leader, who knocked me unconscious was also sitting on the bed. He appeared to be harmless, but that's only on the outside and it didn't help my scowl directed at him.

"I don't like her."

My attention turned to the guy who was always serious. Well, I only knew him for such little time, but still.

"Mike, you don't know her," Mr. leader said.

"And you do?" The leader guy clamped his mouth shut, but glared at Mike.

Aurelia grinned down at me. Her smiles are actually creepy. Like a clown's. I never met a clown, but I overheard a girl at the adoption center saying that she saw one. It was a terrible story to be overheard by a ten year old. I don't think I ever want to see a clown. Ever.

"Don't mind them," Ari whispered. "They're idiots. Now, tell me what your name is." I almost mimicked her tone and would have said, now, tell me where I am

Instead, I went with the, "I don't know who any of you are."

Ari pursed her lips in agreement. "Yes, that is a problem. Well, I am Aurelia. That is Mike." She pointed at Mike who scowled at her. "He's awfully too serious. The guy you called Dopey is my boyfriend. Ben. And the guy sitting to your left is Blake. There, now we know each other."