Chapter 34~Drowning

Five days of hell.

Want to know why? Well, I guess I have to tell you anyways. Five days of boredom leaves room for a diary entry in your mind.

Exhaustion from lack of sleep. I was scared if I shut my eyes for even a split second, I would be physically violated again.

Don't even get me started on the Phil incident. I'm still trying not to cry tears of pain.

They've also starved me. My stomach has been growling as my energy has decreased to negative one hundred. Even a fake smile takes effort to put on. 

My cheeks felt like they've been closing in. If it weren't for these chains, I could probably touch my ribs by now. And the thought scared me that I tried to not think about it as much.

And they've been torturing me like crazy. Yeah, no duh! That's what kidnappers—well the bad ones—do. Beating me to a pulp and smirking as if they had won the lottery. It's quite odd that I can still say that I carry my hope with me.

But that lone thought stuck to my mind.

What is the gang up to?

I tried to imagine Ben eating all the cherry lollipops in my honer. Mike petting a rat. And Olivianne dancing around the house, making up silly songs. But my mind drew a blank. 

Now, I saw nothing. I couldn't even imagine what they looked like anymore. It's not because of the black and blue bruises around my left eye. No, no, no. It's as if the gang doesn't even exist in my mind anymore.

Except for the familiar pair of blue eyes.

So I can practically say that I've been skipping down the fiery road with the devil. Too bad that he's going to throw me into the flames.

A shame truly. In my mind, I've been singing about how living can be such a wonderful gift.

I've aliveeee, baby.

Alive.

Andddd you're nottt.

Because you don't even exsittttt. 

Let's just say that my mind has its creative aspects. It always has been, but I guess getting kidnapped brings out the best of you.

Or your worst nightmares...

"Think, think, think," I scolded myself. "Happy thoughts only, Shannon. Don't let them get to you. No, no, no. You're braver than them. Let them think they are the hunters, while I, myself, shall rejoice on being the queen."

Yeah?

That thought only slouched my shoulder as I hit my head on the wall.

OW! Control yourself, Shannon. You must really want a concussion.

No...but a grilled cheese sounds amazing at the moment.

"Ew," I screeched, snapping out of my daze. "What am I talking...er thinking about? I hate cheese!"

Please, do not think I'm off my rocker. Truly, I've just been bored and talking to yourself can make the best of it! But, I solemnly swear that I am not crazy. My mind is just an interesting place. And my conscious can be so sassy.

Ugh. I'm doing it again, aren't I?

Lost in too many daydreams and not enough pain. Nah. I've been through enough torture, thank you very much.

Just like every other day, the rusty door opened. I was prepared, expecting the odd trio to come in and punch me until I'm swimming in my own blood. But I did not expect Sadie to come whistling as she threw me a huge smirk.