Chapter 38~Talking to the Dead

"You're pathetic."

The words clung to my ears, making a harsh and ringing echo. My bottom lip quivered as I quickly looked away. I didn't have to listen to her anymore.

"Just look at you," the person exclaimed, green eyes lit in bemusement. I shuddered. "Weak, damaged, scarred. You can't even defend yourself. 

"Do you think that you truly deserve Blake? Honey, he'll run when he sees your ugliness seeping out from your smile. That's what they'll all do. Run away from the hideous form that was once hidden."

Desperately, I wanted to wipe away my tears, but I found out that I was chained. Again?

Shaking my head, I gritted my teeth. "I'm not weak. You're the weak one, who had to chain me up so I wouldn't beat you to death. Isn't that right, Sadie?"

Grinning at me, Sadie knelt down so that we were both on eye level. "Of course...not. Don't underestimate me, Shan. I'm better than you. Remember that."

Remember that.

Remember that.

"You can't hurt me anymore," I stated. "Blake hates you. He...killed you."

"Did he?" Sadie questioned. She faked a wince, standing up again. Raising her arms, she gave me a small smile. "I'm inferior. I told you I would be your worst nightmares. And now you will never escape from me, Shan."

No, no, no. She was wrong.

Breathe. I was okay.

She's wrong. Incredibly wrong.

And I was okay. I was fine.

Grabbing my hair, Sadie let out a laugh. "Die, b*tch. Why won't you die already? If you think you experienced hell, well, things just got a thousand times worst."

No...

"You're wrong," I sobbed. "Blake cares about me. Not you. No one cares about you. And you can never harm me again."

Sadie smiled before shaking her head like a scolding adult. "That's where you're wrong, babe. I'm just going to keep on coming back and there's nothing to stop me from doing so.

"You created a monster, Shan. And I won't ever leave you in peace again."

~~~~~~

My body hit the floor as I groaned in annoyance.

"What happened?"

Blake looked down at me from where he was, still laying in bed. I frowned at him, immediately knowing that he pushed me off.

"You tell me," he murmured. 

Oh gosh. Not again. I've been endlessly dreaming of those evil green eyes that were always going to haunt me. Sadie and her ridiculous statements. Sadie and her game of torment. Sadie and her spirit forever giving me hell.

My frown faltered into a grim expression. "Nothing," I quickly said.

But Blake already knew what I was doing. "You're lying."

Yeah, I was.

"Psshh, of course not."

Blake eyed me suspiciously. "Tell me the truth, Shannon. Now."

Such an impatient person. Gosh. Did he think that I was a terrible liar?

"Oh, my!" I screamed, sounding fake. I brought a hand to my now o-shaped mouth. "I'm late for...yeah, that's all I have. Bye!"