Chapter 12~Funeral

I woke up with a smile, which was usually impossible. At the center, there was never something to be happy about. But for once, waking up with a pair of arms around me, definitely brought a bright and genuine smile on my face.

Today was the day of the funeral. I didn't know what to feel. Sad, angry, happy? Guilty perhaps. And yes, I probably shouldn't defy the number one gang leader in the world, but I had to. I was the one who lured the man and it was my turn to pay.

Not in cash, though. In sorrow.

Struggling, I tried to get up, but Blake's arm was wrapped too tightly around me. In fact, when I tried to squirm out of his grasp, his hold only tightened even more.

"Ugh!" I quietly mumbled. I pushed myself out of Blake's grasp, which was hard since he kept on fighting back. When I finally escaped, I had done it so quickly, that I fell off the bed. I shushed myself, remembering to keep quiet.

Remember, how I said I was a ninja when sneaking out of the adoption center? Well, I was going to be a ninja now. This was a brand new mission, but there was no surprise in that. I mean, hey, I'm one who comes up with a new plan every day.

Crawling, yes crawling, I made my way to the front door. I cheered myself on, being the proudest ninja that I could be. And quietly, I opened the door with a small creak, before crawling out.

"Freedom, oh yeah.

"How I love my own freedom.

"Dressing up and getting out.

"My very own, delightful freedom."

Yep, my new song, which I am also proud of. Maybe I should be a singer. When I meet up with my family again, I should consider recording some songs. And the album will be called Shannon, the girl who is an awesome ninja.

Seeee, I am smart.

Anyways, my next stop was my room. Tip-toeing, I walked up to my door and opened it. What are the odds? Some people are way too lazy to lock the doors.

I crept into the room and almost awed at the sight. Aurelia was wrapped into the arms of Ben in one of the beds. They slept peacefully and the sight of them together was irresistibly cute.

On the other bed was Mike. I wonder if he is a gentle sleeper. What would happen if I throw a watermelon at him? Would he still be sleeping? Hmm...I guess I better not test that.

Silently, I made my way to the closet, going in Aurelia's side. She would be the only one to pack designer dresses.

And I was right. I took a black dress off a hanger, grinning ear from ear. The dress was short sleeves and seem elegant enough for a funeral. I quickly grabbed the dress, pulling it closer to my chest. And as efficient, but quiet as I could be, I made a dash for the bathroom.

I changed into the dress, rushing, in case someone was looking for me. The dress was soft and was a tight fit, but still felt comfortable. The dress hugged my curves, curves that I never knew I had. I always wore baggy clothing, so there really was no way of knowing if I had curves or not...

"Now what?" I asked myself. "Oh yeah. Makeup." Luckily, Aurelia kept her makeup bag in the bathroom. The gods were really giving me some good luck today. I will thank the gods. Later.

I did some quick mascara, even though I really didn't know how to use it. I'm not really a supporter of makeup, but I'm okay with it. Just as long as you keep the natural look.

But if you're at the point where you look like a clown, don't come running to me. I'm proud of myself, or at least I try to be, so why try and be someone I'm not?