Chapter 30~Joining the Gang

My hands grazed the makeup brushes set up on Aurelia's dresser. Set in exactly: smallest to largest, colors, and what each one's purpose was.

Nothing. I knew nothing about makeup, so I pretended to gag looking at her one million pounds of makeup.

Mascara. What the hell?

Lipstick. Am I trying to look like a clown?

Foundation. Charity?

Blush. No thanks. I blush enough already.

Even though it was morning, I gave a slight yawn. I was already tired as it is. Losing sleep felt terrible as if I was losing a precious moment in life.

Reaching for a golden brush, I placed it against my cheek. Is this where the magic happens? I'm dying here. What is the brush for anyways?

"Shannon, what the hell are you doing?"

Aurelia walked into the room, joined by Olivianne who was blushing madly. Her short hair was straightened so that it almost reached her shoulders. Olivianne was dressed in white; a lacy short fitting dress. And she was light on makeup, but would still shine out.

Mike would be proud, I thought, grinning softly.

"I don't know," I replied honestly. A sigh escaped from Aurelia's red coated lips. She was an angel with her curly blonde hair, eyes that sparkled, nails freshly manicured and polished. Not to even mention her outfit, which was a white romper.

All she needs are some angel wings, and then she could fly away.

"Well, you do need some serious help. Oh! I have just the thing!" Aurelia squealed. My groan echoed the room as Olivianne slightly giggled at my expression.

Gangs take welcoming ceremonies too seriously.

~~~~~~

A week ago, while driving back to Richmond, Blake had asked me if I wanted to officially join the gang. And then he added Olivianne as to make Mike happy.

Reluctantly, I had agreed before I started babbling to Blake that a week is such a short time for all the preparations.

But Blake had only rolled his eyes in disagreement.

Girls, he had mumbled.

That thought alone had made me want to roll my eyes. And in two days notice, Olivianne had timidly agreed, though, she stood on the other side of the room. Away from Blake.

Yeah, I get it. I'm dating a damn too scary monster.

For now, I let the thoughts flow out of me as I sat on a chair, observing my reflection in the circular mirror. My hair was in its natural curls, pinned up, which Olivianne was glad to assist with. While Aurelia was doing my makeup, mostly the mascara, which made my eyes a dull emerald green color.

As for my dress. It was a flowing beige color that went up to my knees. Plain, but was my kind of style. And Aurelia did say that it matched my complexion.

"How about now?" I sourly asked. "Are you done."

Olivianne bit her lip, applying another coat of nude lipstick on me. She nodded her head, looking to Aurelia for approval.

"Alright," Aurelia said, smiling. "You're finished, love. But might I say that you look beautiful." I rolled my eyes but accepted the compliment. Sure I do. But have you glanced at yourself?

My neutral expression turned into a pout. I hate events, and parties, and makeup that makes you look like a clown—

"You coming?" Olivianne timidly asked. I let out a sound of realization as I stood up and walked out the room in my brand new high heels.