Chapter 24~I Love You

After the whole Sadie incident, I stayed put on the floor with eyes widened, not knowing what to do. I couldn't move and I couldn't think.

How could I after I've just been told that I could get a month worth of torture? Isn't that enough to mentally die inside?

Then there's my room. A bloody mess. And there's no way I'm cleaning this. Sadie could get off her little a*s and do it for me.

No wonder Blake hates her. I would jam my fist into that devilish girl.

But after what seemed like an hour, Blake finally found me.

"Shannon," he called out, ripping the door open. He was expressionless as usual when he walked in until his eyes landed on me. And his orbs were too light in the darkness. But Blake was shocked, eyeing the glass surrounding me, the blood, and well—me.

"What happened in here?" Blake asked, his tone soft. I didn't answer. I was afraid that if I even said a peep, Sadie would karate chop me. And no, I didn't want to look like mashed potato.

In that moment, I just wanted to break free of everything and all my worries. I let out a sob, tears streaking down my face. I hated being weak. But in time when you lose everything, it's hard to stay in control.

It's as if you're holding onto a string. When you're born, you receive this gold, thick looking string. My string is nothing but a piece of dust these days.

My father died. One piece was gone. I got separated from my family. Another piece dissolved. Going crazy and sinking into your insanity—you're no longer looking at a golden string.

Eighteen years later and all I have left is an inch of my string, dirty, and scrawny looking. Obviously, there is no hope for me as I know I'm going to fall. And if Sadie's looking forward to torturing me...I just lost grip and fell off a cliff.

When they say 'I want to jump off a window,' I really would take that option.

Slowly, Blake advanced towards me, kneeling down in front of me. I watched as Blake's eyes flickered between concern and fear.

"Shannon," Blake pleaded. "Please tell me what's going on. I can help." I shook my head, knowing that I'd have to lie to him anyways. What good is that if I can't tell Blake how I really feel inside?

This is all Sadie's fault. That little goose-head is going to be packaged and sent with a bow to hell. I'll even call the devil to see if she made it.

"Baby, come on," Blake said. He gently grabbed my leg, looking at my cut. I almost gagged, the stench of blood filling the air.

Did I ever mention how much I hate blood?

Even the color is disgusting. Sure I like cherry lollipops, but the darkness of red blood is just wicked in its own way.

Blake then grabbed me, pulling me into a hug. Hesitating, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, leaning in to breathe in his scent.

It felt like I was home and I just wanted to be in Blake's arms forever.

Wait. What am I doing? This is begging Sadie to kill me. I can't do this.

Gently, I pulled away from Blake, scowling. First off, I'm not ready to be cut up like I'm a piece of fish. And second, I doubt the gang would like Shannon flavored sushi.

"I can't do this," I repeated out loud. I pushed Blake away, shaking as I stood up. "Just leave me alone, Blake." I watched as Blake turned from worried to shock. He stood in a flash, making a move to touch me.