Epilogue

CHAPTER 40 ~EPILOGUE~

~~~~~~

"And I hate you because you're a sh*tty ass who should cry out cucumbers because all you could do is poop out tiny little eggs."

"Where did this come from?" Blake screamed back.

"OH, I DON'T KNOW! MAYBE BECAUSE I'M GOING INTO LABOR, YOU DUMB BUTT!"

Blake's eyes widened as he poked my over exploding belly. "Why didn't you tell me, babe?" He made a move to poke me again, just as I slapped his hand away.

"GET THIS CINNAMON BUN OUT OF ME!"

Slowly, Blake nodded at me. "Yes, ma'am."

~~~~~~

My head was pounding as I hissed from the excruciating pain from...well, all over my body. Six hours of labor had not been fun. At all.

Especially the fact that I've been wobbling like a penguin for nine months.

"How are you, babe?" my fiance sweetly asked. I glared at him, wiping the sweat off my forehead. And I already knew that my hair is probably a damp mess.

"Why, oh, why did I say yes to your proposal?"

It's true. Four months after Aurelia's wedding, Blake proposed. Quite romantic with roses and his usual begging crystal blue eyes. I couldn't have said no.

We never did get married, though. Soon after our engagement, I got pregnant. Blake was definitely more than thrilled as he jumped around for hours.

But...revenge was gladly served. A woman's hormones are never good.

"Please!" Blake cried. "I had to deal with your cravings for months! You made me buy lollipops at midnight!"

"ARE YOU DENYING YOUR BABY THE CHANCE TO EAT!" I was still very moody. My mood swings have gone from anger to sobs louder than a lion's growl.

Let's just say that I've been taking out my anger on Blake. Poor guy. I actually felt sorry for him at times.

Blake let out a scowl. "You're supposed to be asleep. Why don't you rest? You've just given birth to a healthy baby girl."

"Ugh!" I cried. "You were busy crying for the first few hours!"

Gang leaders. Couldn't even witness the birth of the innocence. How courageous are they now?

Idiot. Of course, Blake was still an idiot.

"Not my fault," Blake growled. "Do you know how bloody everything looked?" He let out a shudder as if he was trying to get the vivid images out of his mind.

"Where's the nurse?" I demanded. "I'm not sleeping until I see my baby." And to be honest, I was incredibly tired. My usual hyper energy has vanished into thin air.

But for now, I was stuck in a hospital room with a stupid gangster. When all I really wanted, was to hold my baby girl for the first time. I wanted her to be protected in her mother's arms. And I wanted to take a mental picture of her cute eyes and tiny little form.

It's crazy. I still couldn't believe that I was a mother. Has the world fallen apart?

"You should," Blake persisted, eyebrow raised. "You look like a zombie."

My lips curled into a vicious smile. "Thanks, you sh*tty idiot."

"Enough with the curse words," was all Blake could say.

By now I was half awake, lips raised in a smile. Excitement was drizzled in the room, leaving no room for any negative feeling. And I focused on staying awake for my baby girl. Because she was my entire world now. Everything I had to live for.