Chapter 11~Apologies

"Shany-wany, don't be such a crybaby," Lacey teased. She threw her blonde hair behind her shoulders and smiled at my cringing form. Her light blue eyes twinkled in joy at seeing me so upset.

"I'm not a crybaby," I argued, clearly upset.

"Then why were you screaming and kicking at the nurses yesterday," another girl, named Amber retorted. She smirked at me and eyed me with disgust. My hair was damp and stringy and of course, my clothes were a bore. What else was new?

"Wouldn't you fight back if adults were trying to sedate you on your birthday?" I asked. A tear slipped out as I wiped it away, hugging myself in my hideout; the corner.

"Oh yes, it was your ninth birthday yesterday," Lacey said, even though she didn't seem to care. "Happy Birthday, you freak." She let out a cruel laugh as I fought back my anger.

"Thanks, but no thanks," I said bitterly. Of all the days they had to bother me, did it have to be right now? What does it take to get some peace in this place?

Oh yeah. Freaks don't deserve peace. How could I forget?

"Aw, are you still upset about not getting adopted. It's a shame that no one wants you. But then again, there's nothing special about you," Lacey whispered in my ear. She and Amber let out high pitched giggles as I cringed further into the wall.

If only I could die. Please let me die. Please.

Amber tugged on my hair making me yelp. "Freak. Psychotic," Amber tainted. I stayed still, looking past them, pretending I was in a whole different universe.

"I hope you die. You're only wasting space here. Even the wall is ashamed to have you cornered by it." Amber and Lacey laughed, giving a tug on my damp hair before slapping me countless of times. And countless of times, I was told how ugly I was and how I should just give up for my family would never find me.

I was in black smoke. Floating, drifting to a place I never went to. Lacey and Amber disappeared like smoke after a wind blew on it. And now I found myself, in the present, but I wasn't very sure where I was. I was just a ghost drifting into black air.

The room was tiny and bare. Vacant. Nothing except a bright glow before me. Using the instinct I had, I went to the glowing light, wishing to get away from the creepy room.

Something was wrong. I could tell. The more I walked, the more I could smell a stench that made me reel back and cringe. The stench or odor was nauseating and smelled like something was rotten.

My eyes widen as I took one last step in the glowing light. Everything was white now. Too bright, except for what was laying on the floor.

A dead body. Someone who I did not know. Eyes wide open and chest ripped open. A pool of dark red blood that it was almost black.

And there was just so much blood.

Someone laughed behind me. I turned to see Aurelia, her blonde hair all crazed looking. She was wearing a white dress with white flats.

Ben was next to her, also wearing white. And so was Mike. They laughed at the dead body as the blood continued to drip. I looked once more at their white outfits, which were now stained with blood. I gasped and turned away, tripping on an arm. I screamed as I fell on a bloody body.

"Shan-shan, don't be scared. We won't hurt you. Not that much anyways." Aurelia giggled. She picked up a knife and licked the blood off the blade.

"Mhm," she moaned in delight. "Tasty." I let out another scream and backed away into another person. I turned to see Blake, wearing white, a smile painted on his face.