Chapter 39~Free

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

"How do I look?"

Aurelia's question wavered in the air. She slightly blushed in the mirror, staring at her perfect reflection. A month of planning and finally her big day has arrived. Excitement drizzled in the air for the entire gang.

Dressed in a bluish-white floor length dress, Aurelia was definitely ready to marry comedic Ben.

Staring at my white dress that matched Olivianne's, I smiled at her. "Ben would surely love to see his B.B.B."

"B.B.B?" Aurelia asked, staring up at me. Behind her, Olivianne was putting on light makeup as she slightly giggled.

"Yeah," I said. "Beautiful, blushing bride."

Aurelia's whisper clung to the silence. "I'm not blushing." But, clearly, she was.

Olivianne clasped her hands together, giving out her usual bright smile. "Ready?" she asked in a patient and calm voice. Aurelia stood up before sinking back into her chair again.

"I don't know. Am I?"

"Of course!" I chirped happily, spinning around in my dress. I let out a laugh. "Just wait upon the whole baby making. I'm not ready to be an aunt...yet."

Aurelia gasped, narrowing her eyes at me. "You're a little she-devil, aren't you?"

Yes. How did you know?

But instead, I kept a grin plastered on my face as I dizzily continued to spin around the room.

Olivianne let out a small wince. "I'm not ready to be an aunt."

Laughing at her, I stopped spinning. "That's not true, dear. You're an amazing person. Why else does Mike endlessly talk about you? All he does in drone on—blah, blah, blah. And here I thought that I was the one who did all the talking."

Aurelia was staring at her reflection once more. I wrapped my arms around her. "You're beautiful, Ari. Trust me. Today will be worth remembering."

Sighing, Aurelia trailed her finger along the pile of lipsticks lined against the mirror. She gave me a weary smile. "I hope so. You guys are my only family. It's only fair to have my true loved ones present on my wedding day."

"Well," I said. "Maybe your older sister is looking down at you right now. Thinking, damn, that groom is a lucky one."

Olivianne smiled at she gracefully joined in on our hug. "She would be more than proud." That statement alone made Aurelia smile and take back her confidence.

She stood up and made sure her dress wasn't wrinkled. "Alright, girls. I'm ready."

~~~~~~

"I do," Ben said, lazily smiling at Aurelia. In fact, everyone was smiling—slightly aggravated with the priest and his long speech—but the point stays the same. We were overly excited for the futuristic couple.