Chapter 14~Last Day of Fireworks

After Mike let go of me, Ben and Aurelia erupted into cheers. Blake smiled at me and winked. I smiled back, giving my own little wink. Mike pushed me away, but was slightly smiling.

"911?" Ben asked. "Yeah, we have an emergency. Mike Walters just hugged another human being." I gasped, realizing that Ben actually called the police. The room went silent, yet all you could hear was a woman's voice yelling on the other line.

"Sorry," Ben said. "No, you don't have to track me down. I promise not to do this again. Bye," Ben sighed and ended the call. He mumbled something about haters.

"That should have been breaking news," I said. Mike scowled.

"I hate you, Shannon," Mike stated. I shrugged, still smiling. Ben came over to me, whispering in my ear while smiling.

"Let's do something fun since this is our last day here," Ben said quietly.

"Wait! Are we actually leaving tomorrow? Why didn't anyone tell me?"

"Surprise," Blake said, rolling his eyes. I glared at him. Just he wait. One day he'll be waking up underwater, with a big bowl of candy. And then I'll call him and say, 'Surprise!' 

But, do they even have wifi underwater?

"Sshh," Ben whispered in my ear, gaining my attention once more. "Anyways, let's pull a prank." I smirked at him as Blake narrowed his eyes at me.

"Sure," I whispered back. "What's your plan?"

"Follow me to my room." Forgetting that the rest of the gang was in the room, I started tiptoeing to the door. Ben, on the other hand, was walking casually, humming a song to himself.

"Where are you guys going?" Blake demanded in his 'leader' tone.

"Coffee," Ben stated.

"Rats," I answered at the same time.

Blake glared at us. I smiled sheepishly at him, clearing my throat.

"We are hunting for rats while drinking coffee," I said. Aurelia opened her mouth to interfere but ended up not saying anything. At least she knew not to interfere with my evil plans.

"Rats?" Mike asked, confused.

"Yeah. Now, bye!" Ben yelled, running out the door. I let out an awkward laugh before sprinting out the door and closing it behind me. Hopefully, they don't suspect anything. Or else...duh, duh, duh.

I managed to finally catch up with Ben, breathing very heavily. Damn, do I need to practice running. I'm very weak. Awesome, but weak.

"Come with me!" Ben squealed. He started leaping to what I guess was the direction to his room. The room was only five doors away, which was good. I didn't want to start running after Ben again. Anyways, it's not my fault that he's taller than I am. I didn't exactly ask to be short or have no experience in running.

Ben was babbling as he took out his keys, opening the door to the room. Swiftly, he went for a closet in one of the bedrooms and pulled out a large object. More like deadly objects.

"Ben! Those are firecrackers!"

"I know," he responded. "Aren't they lovely?" I chose not to answer. I know I'm crazy, but it's not like I would light a hotel on fire or anything. I'm not stupid to cause destruction to such beauty.

"I was thinking to create some noise, like a BANG! Grab everyone's attention, you know?" Ben said. He stroked the firecrackers, admiring them with a smile. I gulped in fear.

"And where did you get these?" I asked.

"Ebay."

"Ebay," I repeated, my eyes widened like saucers.