Chapter 25~The Tragic Truth

"I can't do this anymore, Shannon," Blake repeated. His fists were balled up as his face scrunched up in pain. He was frowning, something tugging on his thoughts.

"Blake," I started. "Calm down. You look like you need to use the bathroom." Blake glared at me, yet his blue orbs held something too similar to fear. I closed my mouth, knowing that is Blake was scared of something...then this had to be serious.

Letting out a sigh, Blake closed his eyes. "Just don't hate me," he whispered.

"For having to use the bathroom?" I asked. I gestured to the door. "Go ahead, then."

Blake opened his eyes, another glare coming along. "This has nothing to do with having to take a piss."

My eyes widened as I let out a cough. "So much for me stating the obvious."

"Just follow me," Blake whispered. I sighed, following him out the door. One minute, I'm confessing my love for him, and the next he's leading me to some secret place.

Oooh, is this where we become a wizard ninja? That would be incredibly awesome. But how would Blake know about how to become some magical assassin?

"YOU'RE A WIZARD!" I shouted. Blake turned to face me, eyes widened.

Looks like I found his secret.

That had to be where he's been going all the time. To a wizard ninja council meeting.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I demanded, crossing my arms. "After all this time, and just now I have to find out that you could turn people into toads? I could've learned that tricks months ago!"

Blake let out a deep breath. "What the hell? I'm not a wizard, Shannon."

That had to be the biggest disappointment in my life. My shoulders slumped as I pouted. If only Blake was a wizard. We could have turned Sadie into a bug and step on her.

Stop thinking about magic. This is serious.

But what is more serious than magical beings?

You know what? I'm going to be a wizard ninja queen. Take that Blake. I'm going to be even more awesome than the queen of England.

Blake made an abrupt stop, causing me to bump into him. I let out a groan as I hit his hard, muscular back. I shook my head, leaning to the side to see that he was texting someone.

"What are you doing?" I ask innocently, batting my eyelashes at Blake. He turned to face me again, eyebrows raised.

"I'm texting Aurelia, Mike, and Ben." His tone sounded casual, or as if I should've known what Blake was up to. But I didn't. I'm not that much of a genius.

"Why not just go up to them? They live four doors away from us."

Again with the questions. I'm awfully curious today.

"Shannon," Blake sighed. "Do you want to know what Ben and Aurelia do in their private time?" I shook my head like a child would. "Good, because I think their sexual activities are something only they should witness."

I cleared my throat, rubbing my elbow. Talk about awkward moments. This was the strangest talk I've ever had with Blake.

"Now, we're going to my office," Blake stated. I nodded as we started walking again. But inside, I was feeling giddy, light shining through my sparkling soul. I have never been to a gang meeting before. Are they like court sessions? Oh gosh, I really want the hammer the judge uses.

And I would've told Blake, but he seems like he still needs to use the bathroom.

Once we got in his office, Mike was already present, leaning on a chair, clutching his phone in his hands. I've only been in Blake's office a couple of times, but only when he was busy doing one of his secret missions.