Runaway

Good bye”

“Good bye”

“Travel safe”

We said goodbye to the friends that had helped us in destroying the newborns. We would see each other soon though. In one months’ time we would meet again to discuss the new law enforces.

I walked into the main Cullen house with Jake the morning after the others had left. I saw the new family member, Yasmin sitting on the couch, looking at Seth’s arm which had been clawed at during the battle.

 I smiled watching Seth who was hanging onto every word Yasmin was saying.

“I think Seth likes our new friend” I whispered to Jake.

Jake looked over and grinned,

“Go on Seth!” Seth looked up and frowned blushing a deep red.

Yasmin tipped her head to the side looking slightly confused.

I elbowed Jake in the gut as Jane, Crystal, Jason and EJ came in. Carlisle looked at Crystal and Jane.

“What shall we do?”

“We see where the newborns were created” said Jane.

Crystal nodded “Yasmin can take us their but some of us need to stay here in case Aro and Alec decide to come back”

“I’ll stay” said Jasper

“Me to” agreed Rose, Alice, my mother, Jake, Esme, Sam and Jane.

“Alright, the rest of you can come with me” said Crystal. She looked over at Yasmin. “Lead the way.”

We walked. Crystal wanted to retrace the journey from where they were created to the Cullen house. I walked with my son and Jason, following Crystal and Yasmin to a large warehouse. As soon as Yasmin opened the door, I knew we were there. It smelled terrible.

 “This is where most of us lived” said Yasmin. “We were told that if we went out in the sun we would burn so we had to do our hunting at night…..we were in groups of 20 and each of us had a member of the guard to teach us how to fight and how to hunt. We did all of that at night away from the city’s and we all went around the world, some in Italy, some in England, some here. After a few years we were summoned to Aro and he gave us orders to attack the Cullen’s.” Yasmin explained.

“What about you….how were you created?” asked Jason.

“I was a runaway….my mother was a druggy and my farther is dead. I wanted out of my life so I ran….I was in an ally when Alec found me. He said he could help me escape from the life I had if I came with him. I didn’t want to but I thought it must be better than what I already had. He took me to a small house in the forest and bit me….I remember the pain…I wanted to die….Alec just stood and watched me, telling me it would all be over soon.”

“You’re alright now” smiled Seth, “you’re one of us”

Yasmin smiled at him and I was sure if she could of she would have blushed.

“There not here now” said Crystal “but I want to make sure they haven’t gone back to Italy.

Jason nodded “Me and you will go”

Crystal smiled at her mate “Fine, but we can take Jane and EJ as well.”

“YES!”

I looked around at my son who was had a grin across his face.

Crystal smirked and chuckled “We can go back now and report to the others. Thank you Yasmin”

Yasmin smiled back then turned and led the way out.