Just Like Us

your what!” I asked.

“my puppies!” he grinned, his eyes shinning with pride.

Leah, still in wolf form pushed past Jasper and my farther and curled up in the corner, next to the fire place.

Sammy knelt beside her “their going to be the best, most beautiful baby’s in the world!” he cooed.

“oh brother” muttered Jake.

Leah growled at him

“wait a minuet, didn’t you think you wear…..mutated or summit?” Jake asked Leah.

Sammy and Leah both growled this time.

I didn’t notice Kyle, until he walked past me and walked into Henrys bedroom. I followed him in. Rose let out a growl and shifted protectively in front of Henry. Henry ignored her and knelt beside the bed, his eyes full of grief. He took Henrys now pail hand and kissed it before laying his head on the bed frame.

He remained their for three days.

“Henrys going to walk up” said Carslie coming into the lounge.

We all, besides Leah and Sammy, gathered into Henrys room.

Kyle was leaned over him and so was Rose who gently stroked his hair back.

Henry was truly beautiful.

Even still, his hair was jet black and Rose had styled it into a good looking style. His dimples wear still visible and even in death he still had that innocent smile. His skin was now pail white. Rose and Kyle had dressed him in his faverout shirt and jeans.

Kyle shifted and held his hand as Henry twitched his fingers.

Then he opened his eyes.

Rose stroked his cheek “Henry honey?”

Henry looked at her “hi Mom”

Henry shifted and slowly sat up looking around. He lifted the hand that Kyle wasn’t holding and looked at his new skin. Sunlight hit him and he sparkled. He smiled and then looked towards me.

Jake growling standing in front of me protectively, but Henry only smiled.

He turned and looked at Kyle.

“I’m so sorry” he whispered.

He stood up and looked at Kyle and hugged him.

Kyle had to push him back gently.

“sorry” said Henry.

Kyle smiled at him then touched his throat.

“it’s burning like hell” said Henry.

“you need to hunt” said Carslie.

Henry nodded then looked at Kyle “come with me?” he asked.

Kyle nodded.

Henry smiled and kissed him.

When he drew back Henry said “come on then”

“okay” said Kyle.

I stared and so did everyone else.

Henry looked at him eyes wide. “Kyle….you….talked”

“say something else” said Jake.

“h-hi” said Kyle.

I grinned “you can talk” I whispered.