Prologue.

2022.

The boys have smashed as many records as they can remember. Beating legendary artists such as their much loved sunbaes, Girls' Generation, Super Junior, Shinee and more. They've created amazing friendships with other artists, especially with BTS and VIXX. Everything seemed to go so fast, everything was just rushed in a matter of seconds. But in reality, it was a whole ten years.

The hardships were countless ever since debut, but the amount of courage they gained, lessons they learnt were too many to remember. And here they are gathered in the living room with all 12 members, for what might be the last time ever. The reason why?

Minseok and Junmyeon finally had to enlist to the military, which meant they won't be able to see each other for a heck of a long time. That didn't mean EXO would stop making music of course, they'll still try as hard as they can to keep the quality music up without their leader and their oldest member.

The warmth was there, definitely, and it reminded all 12 of them so much like the time Kris, Luhan and Tao returned to the team. It was 7 years ago, but it felt like yesterday. 

"You know, it's been a hell of a long ride for us?" Suho sighs, his body facing the wall since he cannot handle to show his tears.

"Hyung, why do you always have to cry?" Jongin teases with a pout, but they all knew that he on the inside, was also devastated to have older members leaving for training.

"There is so much to think about, but such little time." Baekhyun says, which surprises everyone in the room. He's not usually like this, and nope, he hasn't changed a bit until now. His serious expression grabs everyone's attention in the room, and it seems surreal that he's not joking around. "Where would I be without you guys..."

"Probably stuck in your room twerking your ass off while having a part time job of serving fried chicken," Jongdae smirks, in which all the members laugh at his joke. Baekhyun attempts to flash a smile but fails as tears fall from his eyes.

Chanyeol is beside him, and embraces him into his arms. He pats his back lightly and the other members just watch lovingly at the two's friendship. They've gone a huge way, they're just always there for each other. They're going to be in military training in the same year as well, these two really are inseparable.

Then there's Luhan and Sehun, and without them, would the 12 members even be still together? Through everything, through everyone, they would always stay by each others' sides. Luhan would always teach Sehun chinese little by little, even until this day. "I'm so thankful for all of you, honestly, if it wasn't for the people who scouted us, we wouldn't even be together..." Luhan says, and begins to sob.

Tao and Kris just stare at the floor in utter silence, everyone wonders what's going through their heads. Tao doesn't lift his head up to make eye contact with anyone, but he does say a few words. "If I didn't make the decision to get on that plane, which was my first plane ride ever, I wouldn't be here." He chuckles saying the last bit, "So I do thank my mind for making such a good decision." Kris is in tears but smiles at Tao's statement.

Yixing is laying on Junmyeon's lap, and the scene looks so cheesy everyone could puke any second. Yixing won't stop looking at Junmyeon's eyes and looks like the most cringe-worthy scene ever from a high rating drama. Minseok and Kyungsoo are always and will be silent in times like these, they're not the best at expressing their feelings, especially the sad ones.

-

"Farewell, boys. I love you guys more than anything, and I hope you never forget that," Junmyeon says in such a disappointing tone.

"Same to me too, I know I never say it but... same. I hope I was a good hyung to all of you," Minseok truthfully blabbers, and then to everyone's shock, bursts into tears.

"Minseok hyung? Don't cry, please," Jongdae reassures. "I mean, it's not like we won't see each other forever right?"

The boys really wished they wouldn't have to go through being a crying mess right now, but it's a bit hard when there's just so much to take in. These past years were the best that they could ask for, and completely changed their lives. These 12 boys, the ones that brought the best out of each other and worked the hardest out of anyone. These 12  boys, who would spend so much time crying, laughing and training together through blood, sweat and tears.

The reality will have to hit in sooner or later that they won't be 12 for a very long time.

But another reality is that, they'll never stop making music.

For the fans, for their families;

But most importantly,

For each other.