Chapter 4: The List

Destery's POV

            I looked down to see Adeline Ford standing in front of me. She looks different this year. She dyed her normally blonde, with pink highlights. It looks good with her pink eyes. Her eyes were always a mystery to me.

            "Hey! Watch where you're going freak." I said. Something in her eyes sparked up.

            "I am NOT a freak Destery." She spat at me scowling. Her pink eyes were raging with anger.

            "Says the girl with pink eyes." Alex said. There was a strange look in his eyes. All of a sudden Kayden piped in.

            "Hey now guys. Let's not fight. Okay?" He asked in he's creepy high pitched voice. Then he turns to Chris and starts talking to him.

            "Hey Chrissy, How are you?" He winked at him.

            Chris growled as he said, "Stop calling me Chrissy."

            "But baby, I know you love it when I call you it." He winked again at Chris, who started to have a light blush on him. Hmm that's weird. I thought.

            "You really are a Payne in my ass." Chris said, using Kayden's last name.

            "Don't worry babe, you just need more practice. The pain goes away the more you do it." He said to Chris who was a deep scarlet now. Ok defiantly weird. I thought again

            Adeline and the other girl with blue hair laughed at this, then Adeline spoke again, "Come on guys. We're gonna be late."

            As they turned the corner Alex spoke up. "Yeah, you better walk away freak."

            He then turned to Chris, "What the hell was that between you and that overly gay dude?"

            "Nothing is between me and Kayden. Jesus, he calls me Chrissy to get me mad at him that's all. I have to go to homeroom now. See you guys later." Chris said and walked down the hall. Something is really weird with him this year.

            "So I think I found a solution to your problem." Alex said.

            "What problem?" I asked confused.

            "The tenth and last person on your list. It's perfect." He said smirking at me.

            "Who?"

            "No other than the girl you just called a freak. Adeline Ford." He replied.

            "Adeline. What are you nuts? There is NO way I can do that. She hates me and I hate her. I can't do it. Pick someone else." I said walking down the hall.

            "Nope that's the deal. You pick my girls, I pick yours. And Adeline Ford is your Emo Freak." He said looking at me with confidence in his eyes.

            "And how am I suppose to do that?" I asked him.

            "You're Destery West. You'll find a way. Adeline is your girl. You have till the end of the school year. I've got to go now. Good luck." He said chuckling as he walked down the hall.

            I felt the paper in my pocket. Alex and I came up with this list for each other our freshman year. The deal was if we complete, then we will be the ultimate legends of the school and the person who completes it can make the other person to do something. So far no one has completed it. Alex is close to completing his soon though.

            Now I had to finish this last one. I took the paper and wrote down my next challenge. Adeline Ford, The Emo Freak.

            I put the paper back and thought about how to win over Adeline. I was gonna be hard. We hated each other. It would be easier if we like each other or if she was in lov...

            That's it's!! I'll get her to fall in love with me. It'll be easy; no one can resist my charm. I looked up and saw I had a minute to get to Mrs. Peach's classroom before the bell rang.

            I had made it just in time. I looked around the classroom and saw a very familiar pair of pink eyes staring at me. I smirked and walked over to her.

            I sat down and turned to her then said, "Well hello there, beautiful."

            She just scoffed and looked the other way.

            Okay maybe this isn't going to be as easy as I thought it would be.