Chapter 9: A Second, I Mean Third Shot

"Do you want me to call Hannah over to we can have a slumber party?" I asked Kay as we were lying down on my bed still. It was 2pm and we haven't moved since this morning.

            "No cause then I would have to tell her. She sees through my lies. I don't want anyone else to know." Kay sighed.

            "Well we need to do something. Can't lie here and let them get to us." I said looking at the ceiling.

            "I don't feel like doing anything really." He said moping. I sighed then turned my head to look at him.

            "Okay, but let's at least watch a movie or something instead of lying here." I reasoned.

            "Okay. Let's watch a movie. Chick flicks please." He replied.

            "Fine." I laughed.

            "Um, Addie? You have an uh visitor down here." My mom called for me.

            "I'm coming." I said giving Kay a curious look. He just shrugged and got up with me. We walked out of my room and towards the stairs.

            "Stay here Kay. " I said.

            "Why?" He asked. I just pointed to his eye and he immediately understood. I walked down the stairs and saw the last person, or really second to last person, I wanted to see ever. Kay's dad being the last.

            "Get out Destery." I narrowed my eyes and pointed to the door.

            "Well that's my cue. I just got a call and I have to go to work. I'm gonna be late again. Tell Jake and Kay bye for me. Nice to see you again Destery." My mom stated as she kissed me good-bye and left for work.

            "Kayden's here?" Des question.

            "Get. Out. Now." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

            "No I came to apologize. I won't go till we're friends again." Destery narrowed his eyes.

            "You lost that chance. We had a deal Destery; if you mess up, you're out. You messed up, now you're out." I retorted pointing at the door once more.

            "Not till you forgive me and I get some answers." He said determined.

            "Not gonna happen Destery. Just leave." I tried yet again.

            "No." Was his reply.

            "What's going on here?" I turned as I heard Kay speak. I was surprised he came down at all.

            "What the hell happened to you Kayden?" Destery asked with wide eyes.

            "That's none of your business." He narrowed his eyes and turned to me. "Are you ok pinky?"

            "I'm fine Kay. Go to the kitchen and put some ice on your eye before it gets worse." I said concerned.

            "Just shout if you need me." He said before walking into the kitchen.

            "Would you like to tell me what happened to Kayden?" Des asked.

            "No." I scoffed.

            "Of course not." He whispered to himself.

            "You want to talk to me, fine. But let's do it on the porch." I said looking at Des.