Chapter 5: Are You A Stalker?

Addie's P.O.V.

            I just scoffed and looked at the board. There was NO way I was gonna talk to Destery after he just called me a freak.

            "Come on. I know you want to talk to me Ads. Everyone does." He said smirking. I just shook my head. I noticed Han was giving Des a 'WTF!?!' look and then turned to look at me. I just shrugged my shoulders.

            "You know I am here, right? I can see what you're doing." Han gave me a frighten look then turned forward. I laughed at her innocence.

            "Ads will you please just talk to me. I just want to be friends." He said. I laughed and turned to him.

            "First off, don't call me Ads and second you don't JUST want to be friends Destery. There is always a catch with you." I said frowning at him.

            "And how do you know that, Ads?" He retorted still smirking.

            "Ask half the girls in the school. I'm sure they'll say the same thing." His smirk fell slightly and one found its way onto my face.

            "I told you to not call me Ads. Just leave me alone Des." I said turning back to the board. He was silent for a minute and I thought I finally got him to stop.

            "Oh you can call me Des, but I can't call you Ads." He said laughing.

            "UGH! Leave me alone!" I yelled banging my head on the desk, while he just laughed at me.

            "Nah, I like you to much. You and I are gonna be bff's this year." He said while having the audacity to wink. Yup, I officially live in Hell.

The bell rang and I left the classroom before he could say anything else. Han and Kay came out and caught up with me.

"What was that all about?" Kayden said as we walked to our lockers.

"I have no idea, but I don't want to be his friend." I answered as we approached our lockers. I grabbed all my stuff for art and closed it.

"Well girls I'm off to Chem. Have fun in art." Kayden told us as he walked down the science wing.

            "Come on we're gonna be late." Han said as she pulled me and we went off running.

            We had a minute before class started when we got there. I looked around and froze when I saw him.

            "Addie what are you lookin--- Oh!" Han said as she saw him. "Well looks like you have a class together." She said giving me a sympathetic smile.

            We walked over an empty table that sits four people. I sat down across from Hannah so when we talked we didn't have to turn to look at each other. All of a sudden the chair next to me pulled out and somebody sat next to me.

            "Well hello again, beautiful." Des said looking at me.

            "God. Why do you hate me so much? What did I ever do to you that you sent him to me?" I said looking at the ceiling. Han giggled a little.

            "Ha Ha. You're SOO funny." Des said scowling at me.

            "Hannah thought so." I said winking at her. She just giggle some more. He turned and narrowed his eyes at her.

            "Hello class. I hope you had a wonderful summer." Mrs. Sullivan said as the bell rang. "I hope you are ready for a great art class this year."