Chapter 24: Christopher O'Brian

Destery's P.O.V.

            I gave Ads a quick peck and told her not to take too long, before heading into the cafeteria. I walked in and got in line to get lunch. A few people came over and started to talk to me. Even some girls tried to flirt, but I just wasn't interested. I just want my Ads. I walked to our usual lunch table which was empty at the moment. As I walk by a table I heard some gossip.

            "Omg! Did you hear that Alex Dixon is bi?"

            "No way!"

            "Yeah, he stalked up to that Kayden Payne kid and kissed him! Then told everyone he was in love with him."

            That was as much as I heard before I was out of ear shot. I was so confused. Alex and... Kayden? When did that happen? I was so confused that I didn't even noticed Chris sitting at the table when I got there.

            "Why do you look so confused?" Chris said startling me. I shook my head and sat down.

            "Do you hear about Alex and Kayden?" I asked him.

            "No, I was there to witness it." He said looking at me.

            "So it's true? Alex is bi?" I questioned.

            "Yes and yes." He simply stated.

            "Wow. I can't believe it."

            "Well you should because he's in love too."

            "Huh, who would have known? Alex is in love and with a guy, no, Kayden much less." I said mind blown.

            "Yeah who would have known." Chris repeated depressingly.

            "You okay?" I asked.

            "Just peachy." He gave me a fake smile. I would have pushed the subject but something in his eyes told me not to, so I changed the subject.

            "You wouldn't to happen to know where Ads is, do you?"

            "Yeah she was there to witness Alexander and Kayden, so she stayed behind talking to them." He told me.

            "Oh." My attitude dropped.

            "You really do like her?" Chris had said more as a statement than a question.

            "Yeah I really do." A smile came upon my lips. "Hell, I think I just might be in love with her."

            "Love you say? Hmm."

            "What?" I said cautiously.

            "Well it's just, I was thinking about the beginning of the school year and how you made a deal with Alex that you would sleep with this so called girl you love." He looked me in the eyes.

            "It's not like that anymore. The deal, bet, list, whatever you want to call it, it's over." I narrowed my eyes at him.

            "That's where you are wrong Destery. You don't get it do you? Even if this 'list' is off and you date and fall in love with Adeline, it isn't completely over. Cause there will be a point in your relationship that you two will end up sleeping together. And even if it isn't for the list, you still completed it. That's what I was trying to warn you at the beginning of the year. No matter if love her or not, the second you sleep with her, you finish the list, wanting to or not." Chris told me seriously. I sat there looking at him. It was all true and it hurt me to hear it.