Chapter 17: Ronnie Night

We all shouted as the guys went on the field to start the game. The other team had the ball since the game was being played at our field. Des didn't start since he was the quarterback, but Alex and Chris were in since they were playing defense. The quarterback kicked the ball off and the game had begun. 

            The other team played very well. Their offence tackle was very spot on blocking everyone on our team from the ball. But after six plays we got the ball. Des proceeded to come on the field wearing a red jersey with a black spandex shirt underneath. He looked very good in his uniform.

            "That quarterback is very good on the other team." Hannah said watching him walk off the field.

            "Yeah, he just started going to Channing high this year. No one knows where he was before that, but no one really cares. He plays good ball." Nikki told us.

            "What's his name?" I asked.

            "No clue. I couldn't see his name of the back of his jersey." She shouted above everyone. "We can find out at half-time. Des and Chris wanted to see us during it."

            "Okay sounds good." I shouted.

            Anyone watching this game could tell Destery was playing the hardest he could. Unfortunately after five plays he lost the ball. The first quarter ended with a score of 0-0 and them with the ball.

            As the second quarter started our team switched from offense to defense. Chris was blocking a tall, muscular dude, while Alex had to go try to get to the quarterback since he was quick on his feet. But in the end it didn't work. They scored a touchdown, followed by a field goal, causing the second quarter to end with them leading with a 0-7 score.

            When it was half-time, the four of us got down from the bleachers and went to the field to meet up with the guys. As we got there the coach was yelling that them to get their heads in the game. After the coach walked away they spotted us.

"Hey, you came down here." Des said hugging me. I tried to hug him back the best I could with him in his football gear.

            "Yup we did. You guys are doing great." I smiled at him.

            "Yeah, no. We could do a lot better. But their quarterback Night is a beast at knowing who's open." Alex said to me. He actually talked to me and not made a rude comment. What got into him?

            "Wait, did you say Night?" I asked.

            "Yeah, why?" He looked at me confused. Kay just looked at me concerned.

            "Nothing. It's a common last name." I smiled.

            "Well we have a half an hour before the game starts again. Let go get some drinks." Des said to everyone.

            "Sounds good." Nikki smiled at him. All of us were walking to the food stand when someone called for me.

            "Ads!!!" I froze where I stood with wide eyes. Kayden and Hannah looked at me with the same expression. There were only two people who call me Ads, and it wasn't Destery who called me. I turned around and saw the person I thought I've never seen again.

            "Ronnie." I whispered looking at him as he approached.

            "Hello Ads. How are you doing beautiful?" He smirked looking at me. He was wearing a white football jersey.