Chapter 3

"You're not okay." A husky, recognizable voice spoke to me.

A smile crept on my face. My eyes were still closed and I felt a body place himself next to me. I leaned over and found the shoulder of the person by my side. I slowly opened my eyes and looked out ahead of me.

"I'm fine, Zayn. You don't need to come out here." I didn't want to sound like I needed him. The truth was that I needed him in my life so bad that it hurt. Before he became famous we were so close. We'd talk for hours and hours on the phone since we lived two hours away from each other. We would tell each other everything, and I knew I would end up telling him what is going on with me now. I trusted him like I've never trusted anyone. I missed that. I missed everything about our old friendship.

"I don't mind sitting out here with you. It's better than being in there with all those women. Now I just have one to deal with." Zayn laughed at his own remark, and I sat up and playfully punched his arm. "I'm kidding. I always deal with you. Now tell me what's wrong?"

I sat up and leaned against the tree again. "You really want to know?" How was I going to talk about this to Zayn? I'm sure he naturally assumed that I was no longer a virgin because of my relationship with Wes. I was very honest with Zayn always, but our sex lives were something that we kept a secret from each other. 

"Yes, Rose. Just tell me. You know you can." He looked very serious, and it was only making me rethink this whole conversation. 

After a few seconds of contemplating whether or not I was going to tell him the truth, I took a deep breath in before beginning my little confession. "Fine. If you insist, but you can't make fun of me. That would just humiliate me even more."

I don't know why I was getting so embarrassed to tell Zayn. I've always been proud to say that I was a virgin, and that I wasn't pressured into doing anything that I'm not ready for. For some reason talking to Zayn though, everything I've managed to hold dear to me was starting to, in my eyes, make me look pathetic. 

"I'm not going to say anything. When have I ever judged you?" Zayn gave me a serious look, but I shot one right back to him.

"Really? You're saying you haven't judged me."

Zayn started laughing because he knew what I was talking about. "Fine. I have, but that isn't relevant anymore. Just tell me what is going on."

"My damn friends suck. Mostly Sabrina, but I'm sure Cecilia and Alexis are in on it too. Oh, and Ray was brought into it. I wouldn't be surprised if she was the whole mastermind behind it all though." I complained to him. Zayn kindly put a hand on my bent knee and rubbed gently.

"What did they say?" He genuinely seemed concerned.

"They just keep bringing stuff up about something that they want to have me do." I stated with little confidence. I didn't know how to explain the situation to him.

"They want you to do something? Is it bad?"

"No. Not really. It's just something that I've never really thought I needed to do right now, but with them telling me the things they've told me, I'm kind of starting to reconsider." 

"What is it?" He bluntly asked. The look on his face was telling me to just come out and say what I needed to.

"Sabrina and Ray both told me that there is something wrong with being a virgin when I'm going to college." I started out. The look on Zayn's face completely changed. "They said that I should consider . . . you know . . . doing something about that before I get to school. Like this summer." I was holding my breath to see what he would say about it.

"You're a virgin?" He asked with a shocked tone.

"I just told you my aunt and best friend want me to have sex for no reason at all, and all you took from that was that I'm a virgin?" I scooted away from him, and shifted my body so I was facing him.

"I mean why would they expect you to do something like that?" Zayn began laughing because he could tell I was mad about his comment. "I'm sorry, but I thought you'd done that already because Wes was always very . . . touchy."

"Yeah, and I hated it. I'm just not ready to do that, but . . . I kind of think they are right. Like, what if I meet someone in college and I want to have sex and I don't know what the hell I am doing? I don't want someone to laugh at me." My concern had instantly went from my family caring about me being a virgin to not wanting to be judged for not knowing how to do it. 

Zayn's expression on his face softened. I could tell that he thought I was crazy by the look he was giving me. Then his whole demeanor changed, like he was deep in a thought.

"Rosemary, believe me when I say that no guy is going to care about that." His voice was soft, and comforting. I knew I could always count on him for making me feel better.

I leaned forward, and wrapped my arms around Zayn's neck. "Thank you."

"For what?" He said softly in my ear. 

"Listening to me." I moved away from Zayn, and stood up. We've been out here too long, and people would be wanting to talk to me.

"Where are you going? I wasn't finished." Zayn stood up next to me, and looked down into my eyes.

"Okay?" I was puzzled, and kind of scared of what was going to come out of his mouth next.

"You don't have to say yes," he started out slowly. His gaze was directed towards the grass under us. "If you, you know, really want to do that thing before you are in school . . ."

"Zayn!" I exclaimed. I had caught on to what he was trying to tell me.

"Rose think about it. We're best friends, and I wouldn't be judging you. If that's what you're worried about . . ."

"No, Zayn!" I yelled to get the point across. I immediately lowered my voice in case there were people in the backyard. "I'm not going to do anything to mess with our friendship. You are too important to me, and I don't want us having sex so I can lose my virginity. That has got to be the dumbest idea you've ever had, and I've had to do some stupid shit because of you."

"Sorry. I just thought it would be a good idea. You're right though. I wouldn't want to mess with our relationship." Zayn smiled at me, and I gave him a warm smile back.

"We should probably get back. You're family is probably wondering where you are." Zayn slung an arm around my shoulders, and we walked quietly back to the house. 

The whole time we were walking only one thing was going through my mind. What if Zayn actually had a good idea?

------------------------------------

A/N: Well there you have it! I don't really have much to say to you all today. Well, I guess I want to tell you all thank you for reading and voting and commenting. Because of you, this story is ranked. Whoop! Whoop!

I do have kind of an important question though. What do you guys think of the idea? I'm trying to make this as original as I can. I'm not sure if it is or not, but I thought it was a pretty good one. But who knows what will happen. 

Please please please vote/comment/and all that other jazz. I like seeing feedback because it makes me more motivated to write. 

Also, if you are into Harry stories, check out mine that I am going to enter into the Watty Awards. I have some editing to do before I enter it, but I think it is pretty good so far. It's called The Summer Abroad. 

Okay, that's all for now. Thanks again all you lovely people. Hopefully I'll update again soon. :)

XOXO

~Nicole