Chapter 5

Make sure you read the author's note at the end please. :)

---------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning feeling really happy. Not just an in a good mood kind of happy, but a happy that you can feel in the pit of your stomach. I knew something good was going to be coming.

All I could think about was last night, and how great it ended. Bryden and I went to the diner like he suggested. We sat and talked to each other for a while. Well, more like three hours. He talked to be about his passion in life, writing. He loved to write stories. Mostly non-fiction stuff like personal stories about people. He told me how he wrote a paper for a class about a single mom whose daughter had a developmental disorder. She invested her whole life for the six year old that couldn't do anything for herself. They lived in poverty because they didn't have money, and all of the money she did make when toward treatment for her daughter. When he was telling me that story he was so emotional. The look in his eyes told me that he was one of those guys that cared. Maybe it was a sign that he was one of the good guys that I always wanted to find.

My phone started chime from somewhere tangled in the covers. For once, I woke up before my alarm even though I didn't come home until three in the morning, and I don't think I went to sleep until close to five because Bryden and I continued our conversation after he dropped me off.

I quickly shut off the loud sound, and saw that I had a text. I opened it, and it was from Bryden. I felt my cheeks get red even though he wasn't in my presence. I've only known him twelve hours and he has this affect on me.

After reading it, I slipped out of bed feeling fully refreshed. The good thing about only having one drink last night was that I didn't have a hangover. My friends, wherever they may be, were going to have one.

As I walked down the hallway, and passed Cecilia's room, I heard a male voice. I stopped and pressed my ear to the door. I couldn't tell what they were saying inside, so I just walked into the kitchen to make some coffee.

Right as I was beginning to sip my morning beverage, two bodies dashed past the kitchen door. I stayed where I was because I knew Cecilia would be coming in here shortly after.

My theory was correct when she appeared looking a little messed up.

"You have fun last night?" I said too loud. Cecilia put a hand on her forehead and tried to rub the pain away.

"I guess. I don't really remember much. All I know is that I didn't want to wake up next to that guy. He's a pig!" Cecilia plopped down in one of the seats at the kitchen table. I sat across from her.

"I could have told you that." I informed her. I was never really felt bad for her poor decision making when it came to guys. I know I should be a better friend than that, but it was her life and if she wanted to mess it up by having sex with a random guy that could potentially get her pregnant then she could do that. I never worried about her antics.

"Shut up!" She snapped. "So, how was your night? You didn't have one night stand also did you?"

"No! Bryden and I just went to a diner and talked and learned about each other. It was amazing, Cecilia. He is amazing. Look." I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my messages.

Cecilia took the phone from me and read out loud. "You fell asleep talking to me, but I wanted to tell you good night anyway. Sweet dreams beautiful."

I had a smile plastered on my face while she read the message.

"Awe. You're in love." Cecilia joked. I quickly snatched my phone back from her.

"I am not. I just like him. He's nice and funny and smart and empathetic and attractive. He like, understands people. He understands me." My smile was still sitting on my face.