Chapter 29

Zayn’s face immediately went from pissed to worried. He rushed over to me, forgetting everything that had just happened between us.

“What’s wrong Rose?” He asked me. I wanted to yell at him because of his sudden change of heart. I wanted to slap him right across the face for suggesting that I leave, and for the comment he made about not caring if our daughter had a place to sleep. I knew that it wasn’t the time for that though.

I didn’t know what to tell him. I was too shaken up by what was happening. Zayn wiped away the tears as I began to speak. “I… I’m bleeding.”

He looked confused. “You mean like….”

“Period bleeding Zayn.” I blurted out, not sure of how he was going to react.

Zayn ran his fingers through his hair, pulling at the ends. He had a sad look on his face. “What do you want to do?”

I shrugged my shoulders. I thought it was kind of obvious what we had to do, but I guess he didn’t get it. “Go to the hospital. Get everything checked out to make sure everything is okay.”

“I’ll call Dr. Mitchell.” Zayn stated, pulling his phone out of his back pocket, and tapping away at the screen. “You go upstairs, and pack some clothes in case we have to stay for a few days.” Zayn put his phone up to his ear.

I did what he told me to do, and went back to our room to get some things ready. This really wasn’t how I thought this day was going to turn out. I was hoping Zayn and I would make up and spend the night cuddling and watching TV.

Finding clothes to bring took me a matter of seconds. Sweatpants and t-shirts were going to have to do if I did need to stay in the hospital. All I wanted to know was if everything was okay. Hopefully the doctors could stop whatever was happening, and I’d be fine.

Before I could even get my hopes up about that, a sharp pain appeared in my stomach. It took me by surprised. I sat down on the bed, rubbing the area to try and relieve some of the pain. It was almost like a period cramp, but somehow worse.

“No. No. No. No. No.” I whispered to myself. Now I really knew something was wrong.

When the pain subsided, I grabbed my bag of clothes and toiletries, and went back down stairs. I quickly put on my coat. Zayn was on the phone still, but he saw me coming and motioned me out the door. I managed to walk down the front stairs, and to the car. Zayn rushed over to me, ending his phone call, and helped me in. Right before I was going to close the door, he cupped my face and planted a lingering kiss on my lips.

“I’m sorry for what I said.” Zayn said to me.

I placed one of my hands on his face delicately, leaning in to kiss him. “I’m sorry too.”

He gave me a small smile before shutting my door and getting into the driver’s seat. Before I even had my seatbelt on, Zayn was peeling out of the driveway and down the road.

I was scared at what was going on. I never imagined that something like this would be happening, especially since it was a week and a half before Christmas. This stress, on top of the extra media attention, on top of the added stress that comes with it being the holiday season, was not something I, or Zayn, needed to go through right now.

Our hospital wasn’t that far away, and as we got closer, I began to get more anxious. What if they told me I was losing the baby? That was the only thing replaying through my mind. I didn’t know how I would be able to deal with something like that. I didn’t know how that would affect my relationship with Zayn either. We were already having a hard enough time now. Imagining things getting any worse was starting to seem like this could be the reason for our relationship to end.