Chapter 26

Soft, warm lips pressed gently against my cheek, awaking me from my slumber. I stirred under the silky sheets that were clung to my body. As I opened my sleepy eyes, and there was a messy haired, shirtless Zayn laying next to me. It was then that I felt one of his hands under my shirt, his shirt that I slept in, rubbing where our daughter was. It felt good knowing that we were finally figuring everything out. I’ve waited so long for this, and it was finally happening.  

Zayn propped himself up on his elbow and removed his hand from under the shirt so he could push my hair behind my ear. “How was your sleep?”

I couldn’t prevent the smile from forming on my face. It was the first night we had spent together, wrapped in each other’s arms. I remember falling asleep to the sound of Zayn whispering in my ear all the things he loves about me. It was the perfect night, and I was convinced that nothing could ruin this great mood I was in.

“It was good.” I replied. “I don’t think I’ve slept that good in a while.”

“Well that’s good considering it is almost eleven thirty in the morning. You didn’t have to work today did you? I didn’t want to wake you up. You looked so peaceful.”

I shook my head. “No. I was planning on doing some shopping today. Baby shopping. I think it’s getting to that point where we need to get stuff.”

“I think so too. You’re what? Seventeen weeks now. Only twenty three more?”

“You’ve been counting?” I didn’t think he would have been keeping track like that, but after all of the things he told me the day before it made sense.

“Of course I have, and now I’m going to be keeping even better track because I don’t want you to think I’m flaking out on you.”

“I don’t think you will. I know everything now, and I’m confident in you. In us. I want us to be a family, you know? A perfect little Malik family.” I laughed. Saying that took me by surprise. I never thought I’d be planning a future with the guy I called my best friend. 

Zayn got out of the bed. He was only wearing a navy blue pair of boxers. I couldn’t help myself, and blatantly checked him out as he walked over to his dresser. When he turned around with a shirt and some sweats in his hands I knew I had been caught, and quickly ducked under the covers to hide my embarrassment. I heard him chuckle from across the room, and peeked out from my hiding place.

“You don’t have to be embarrassed. I would have been looking at you too if you walked across the room with no clothes on.” His comment made me blush an even brighter shade of red.

This romantic thing we were starting was all new to me still. I didn’t know how to react to his compliments. It was all very uncomfortable to me. Refreshing because I knew that he was genuine about his feelings, but still uncomfortable.

After he slipped into his new clothes, he walked over to the bed and yanked the covers off of me. “Get up. I’m going to make you breakfast. What do you want?”

“Breakfast? Zayn it’s almost lunch time. Let’s just go get something to eat.” I suggested, sitting up and adjusting my shirt so it fit snugly over my body.

Zayn shook his head and pulled me out of bed. I stood in front of him, looking up into those amazing brown eyes. He kissed me gently, sending an electric current through my body. Nothing has ever felt so right to me.

“I’m making you breakfast. Now come on.” Zayn playfully demanded. He wrapped an arm around my waist, and we started to walk to the door of the bedroom.

It was when we were about to exit the room when we heard the doorbell ring. Zayn let go of me and walked over to the curtains that covered the sliding glass door leading out to his balcony. He peered out the window, and immediately stepped back with an annoyed expression written on his face.