Chapter 14

Over the next few days, I was starting to accept the fact that I was pregnant. The more I looked at different websites about the whole experience calmed me a little. Reading stories from other women is what really got me thinking about how much fun being a mom could be. Because of those stories, I decided that even though I didn't want to be in this situation, I would do anything and everything for my unborn child. I was going to go through with this and do the best I could. Zayn might not want me to, but I would do it by myself if I needed to. I already loved the unborn fetus growing inside me. He or she was my life now and that is really all that mattered.

It was early Friday morning and I was only awake because an annoying wave of morning sickness came over me. The night before, Alexis suggested that I make a doctor's appointment so I can start to do everything right in order to help this baby develop correctly.

I was on the hospitals website, scrolling through the pages to find a doctor, when Sabrina came into the living room rubbing her tired eyes.

"Good morning." Her voice was still tired.

"Morning." I said when I found the number to one of the doctors. His name was Dr. Steven Mitchell. I decided to go ahead and make an appointment with him.

"What are you doing?" She sat down on the couch next to me and looked at my computer screen.

"Calling a doctor." I dialed the number and brought the phone up to my ear. In that particular moment I became petrified. I never thought I'd be twenty and having to call a doctor to make an appointment for my pregnancy. "What do I say when they answer?" I whispered to Sabrina.

She shrugged. "That you're pregnant and you need to see a doctor."

I nodded as the person on the other end of the line answered the phone. "Hi. This is Dr. Mitchell's office. I'm Amy. How can I help you?"

"Um, my name is Rosemary Collins and I need to make an appointment with Dr. Mitchell. I just found out that I'm pregnant." I was so intimidated by this stupid little phone call.

"Okay. When were you wanting to come in?" Amy asked.

"Can I come in sometime at the end of next week. Like late in the day Thursday or Friday?"

"Let me see." Amy paused for a moment, probably checking the calender. "Dr. Mitchell can see you on Thursday at five. Does that work for you?"

"Yeah. That sounds great." I replied.

"Perfect. We'll see you on Thursday then Rosemary."

"Great. Thanks so much."

"Take care." I made sure Amy hung up the phone before me.

I brought my phone down from my ear and set it on the table along with my computer. Sabrina was silent sitting next to me for a couple of minutes before speaking.

"Are you excited to see Bryden today?" Sabrina asked me.