Chapter 12

"Ray!" I blurted out, hoping that my roommates didn't hear me. I went into my walk in closet and sat in the corner behind the clothes so nobody could hear me talking.

"Hey Rose. What's up?" She said with a cheery tone.

"Uh, nothing much. I just got home from my little weekend with Bryden. Remember I told you I was going to Manchester to see him? It was fun." I could tell I was going to start rambling more than I already was.

"Okay? And you called to tell me that?" Ray questioned. I think she knew something wasn't right.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I? Your my favorite aunt. I share this stuff with you." I told her.

"Rose, you never just call me to brag about stuff." The tone in her voice was stern. She wasn't buying what I was feeding her.

I took a deep breath in before speaking. "Fine, but you can't tell anyone, or talk about it at all. Are you alone?"

"Yes I'm alone. Now tell me what is going on." The tone in her voice got calmer. It was now or never.

The tears started to immediately fall from my eyes. "I did something stupid." I cried.

"What did you do Rose?"

I really contemplated telling her what happened with Zayn, but I couldn't. "Never mind. Can I just . . . come up to Cambridge and see you? Tonight?"

"Yeah. Of course. Do you want me to call your parents? You are starting to worry me with this."

"No. I don't want them knowing I'm coming. It will just make this fucked up situation worse." I got up off the closet floor and made my way to the bed where my purse was sitting. "I'm going to leave right now. I'll see you in a couple hours."

"Okay. I'll be home." Ray has always been that fun loving girl that gets into trouble, but she is also the caring person that gives great advice. She is one of the only people I can trust with everything. "I'll see you soon."

"Before you hang up," I quickly added, "Can you go to the store and get me something?"

"That depends. If it is alcohol. No. You're upset so I don't want you drinking all your pain away." She laughed at her own remark.

"It isn't alcohol. That wouldn't be good."

"What do you need then?"

"How about some junk food. I could use that. And," I was absolutely dreading saying the next three words, "a pregnancy test."

I could hear Ray gasp.

"Don't say anything to me. Not yet anyway. I just . . . I think I fucked up."

"Well yeah." She stated. It only made me more upset hearing her say those words.