Chapter 6

The next day at work I was completely out of it. All I could think about was Bryden and how he was now my boyfriend. I don't know how it happened so fast. We had only known each other for a day, and it felt like I had known him for a lifetime.

My night with him could not have gone better. He is the kind of guy you bring home to mom and dad. I knew that my parents would love him. I just didn't know how they would react to the whole knowing him for twenty four hours thing. They were probably going to be a bit skeptical about the whole thing, but I didn't care. Bryden was the only person that mattered to me. 

The one thing that kind of bothered me about the whole situation was that I've never fallen so hard, and so fast for someone. It has always taken me time to know whether or not someone was right for me. A majority of the time I ruined relationships for taking too long to know what I was feeling. The only time I've ever had a real boyfriend, other than Bryden, was when I was with Wes. It took me a long time to express my true feelings for him, which is something I don't think is going to happen with Bryden. He makes me feel like I can tell him anything.

I was on the floor putting back the beautiful white gowns in their proper places when the bell on the door jingled. I looked over at the entrance of the store to see my three best friends rushing to my side. I hadn't seen them since before I left for work yesterday. They were gone when I got back in last night, and I left for work before any of them had a chance to wake up.

"So?" Sabrina asked me as she pulled me over to the couch outside of the changing rooms. 

"So what?" I said, trying to be coy about the whole situation. 

"You know what. Now spill. Everything." Cecilia demanded. 

"There isn't much to tell. We just went to this little dance club, and had dinner. He-" I was going to go more in depth about my time with Bryden, but Alexis cut me off.

"He took you dancing?" She had a mocking tone. "Wow. He's an even bigger square than I originally thought."

"Hey. He is not a square. Bryden is a responsible, respectful person, and if any of you ever want to get to know him better, then I suggest you leave it alone and don't make fun of him." I felt defensive over my new boyfriend. It was an instinct of mine whenever I was in a relationship, no matter what the boy does to me. 

Cecilia sat down on the couch next to me. "If it makes you feel any better, I don't think he is a square. I was the one who set you guys up, so I knew  you would be a perfect match." She gave me an awkward grin, and that is when I put the pieces together.

"You all think I'm a square, don't you?" I looked at my friends in shock because of their thoughts. "I know I'm not the most open person when it comes to anything sexual, but that doesn't make a person a square. I cannot believe we are still on that subject!"

Sabrina took a seat on the other side of me. "We didn't bring it up, you did. We also don't think you are like that. You just dance to the beat of your own drum, and we have all realized that it is okay."

"Thanks. I didn't know that." I stated sarcastically.

"What I am trying to say is that we are sorry for pushing you to do stuff these last few days, and Cecilia was telling us how infatuated you seemed when you were talking to her about Bryden. I can also see it on your face, and you really do like him. And, I'm not saying that you should do it with him, but if I were to choose anyone to do it with . . ." She trailed off implying that Bryden is a nice enough guy to try things with. 

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves." I laughed. "I still want you guys to meet him before I decided on any of that."

"You want us to meet him?" Alexis knelt down on the floor in front of me. 

"Of course. He is my boyfriend after all." I finally confessed what they had came to hear in the first place. 

All three of them started to freak out, and thankfully my manager wasn't in the store because she would have kicked them out.

"Calm down." I said, and they slowly came back to their normal selves. "I know it is fast and all, but it feels right." I shyly looked towards the ground.

"Awe." Cecilia pinched my smiling cheek. "You're in love."

"Not yet." I swatted her hand away.

"When do we get to meet him?" Sabrina asked eagerly.

"Saturday. He is taking me out again on Thursday, and I'll bring him with me to Zayn's barbecue." 

"You want Zayn to meet him too?" Sabrina seemed shocked.

"Yeah. He is one of my best friends, and his opinion means just as much to me as yours. Plus-" I was about to tell them about the little offer Zayn made me but my manager walked into the store. Maybe it was for the better because I knew they would object to it. 

"What are they doing here?" My managers posh accent always reminded me of the snob she is.

"We were just bringing Rose her lunch." Cecilia lied.

"Yeah. We're leaving now. Here Rose." Alexis handed me a paper bag. I peered inside, and surprisingly enough there was food in it. 

The three of them made their way to the door. I watched as the exited the building, and looked at my manager. She was looking at the racks of dresses I still had to put back in their places. 

I snapped out of my trance. "Sorry. I'm getting back to work." 

I put the food behind the register, and quickly began sorting through the gowns. All that was on my mind was Bryden, and how happy he made me feel.

--------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the short and boring chapter. It is more of a filler anyway, and I wanted to give you all something to read because it has been a few days since I updated. 

I'm still on vacation for a couple of days. I get back home on Sunday, and hopefully updating will be back to normal. I really want it to be because I have a lot in store for the next few chapters, including the thing I'm sure most of you have been waiting for. *wink*wink*

Anyway, I'm going to go now because it is late and I have to be up early tomorrow for more fun vacation stuff. 

VOTE/COMMENT/FOLLOW 

XOXO

~Nicole