Chapter 27

*12 Weeks Later*

I stumbled through the front door, shopping bags filling my hands. The mall had been overcrowded and the grocery store wasn’t much better. The holidays we coming up, and to avoid the hassle a week before Christmas, I decided to do it a few weeks early. Even though Zayn and I we going to travelling up to Cambridge to spend the holiday with my family, I wanted us to have our first Christmas together. I wanted us to decorate a tree even though I was now twenty nine weeks pregnant. I wanted Zayn to hang lights on the outside of the house and have me yell at him because he was doing it wrong. But most importantly, I just wanted us to spend some quality time together before we had to encounter my family.

Ever since Zayn left McKenzie, we had been living together. It wasn’t a week after she was out of the picture that I moved in with him. His house was now my house, and it could not have been a more perfect situation. He was even really into decorating the nursery. Seeing him excited about picking out the decorations was really cute.

It also wasn’t long after McKenzie was gone before she let the world know what had happened. Her version of the story was far from the truth, which caused Zayn to get a lot of attention from the media for “cheating” on his girlfriend. I ended up getting a lot of hate from his fans for what had happened. They were either jealous of me, or despised me for breaking up “Mcayn”. That whole ordeal died down quickly though. Zayn told the media and his fans that he would never cheat on anyone, and that it just happened. People seemed to believe it, and mostly left us alone after that. The media was still in our hair about a One Direction member become a dad. They were constantly following us around. Showing up when we were at dinner or leaving doctor’s appointments. It was really annoying.

McKenzie never seemed to give up on trying to ruin my life though. She would always post things on Twitter, and even had her own following of people who disliked me as much as she did. They would say hurtful things about me, and my daughter. I didn’t really care about what they thought. Not the negative things towards me anyway. But to an innocent, unborn child who had no idea what even was going on, it was wrong. They could just leave her out of this and direct every mean comment they had to Zayn and I.

Bryden seemed depressed after I told him that my heart was Zayn’s. For a while he didn’t even talk to me. The thought of me leaving him for someone else was too much for him. He couldn’t stay away from me for that long though. We resolved all of our unwanted romantic feelings towards each other and decided that being friends was what was best for the both of us. Sabrina, Alexis, and Cecilia were also happy that I found where belonged. They were a little sad to see me go, but they knew this was best for me.

As for my parents, they were still a little upset with me. I went and saw my family a few weeks after Zayn and I got together. It wasn’t the most pleasant conversation, but in the end we worked everything out. Mom and Dad were happy about having a granddaughter. Katlyn and Aleeah were even sending me clothes for the baby, and they would call me all the time. I liked having my family back.

Zayn was the biggest support system I had though. The last three months have been amazing with him. He hasn’t missed a single doctor’s appointment, and he is very persistent with asking me how I feel. It’s a cute thing to witness. The cutest thing he does though is sing to our daughter. Ever since the first time he felt her move in my stomach he’s had this little ritual he does. He’ll start singing whatever song that comes to mind to her. The sound of his voice is enough for her to start going crazy. She loves it.

After somehow managing to get into the house without dropping anything, I slammed the door shut with my foot. I then slowly inched my way towards the kitchen. The amount of bags I was holding, plus the fact that I was indeed getting more pregnant, was preventing me from moving very fast.