Chapter 7

"So you're leaving Monday?" I asked Bryden before shoving a chip with guacamole into my mouth.

We were having Mexican food on a rooftop patio in the middle of downtown London. Each of us were enjoying ourselves with a beer.

"Yeah. I'll be back in June and if you are really that desperate to see me you can come to Manchester." Bryden suggested.

I raised my eyebrows in shock at his words. Yeah he was a good guy, but we've only been together for five days. I think me going to see him, and his family, was a little premature.

"Or I can drive and meet you halfway?" The tone of his voice was higher pitched this time.

"I don't mind coming to see you in Manchester. I just don't know about meeting your family and all that. We just met and I kind of want to take things slower than they have been." I confess to him. His expression softened and he reached across the table for my hands.

"I wasn't going to let you meet my parents yet. Not if you aren't comfortable. I just don't think I'll be able to not see you for a month." A smile spread across his face when he was done speaking.

I also had a smile plastered on my face as I scooted my chair to the other side of the table so I was next to him. When I was situated, I cupped his face in my small hands and forced him to kiss me. It wasn't hard for him to give in, considering there had been this sexual tension between us the entire dinner.

"You ready to go?" He asked me as soon as I pulled away. I nodded with my bottom lip between my teeth.

Bryden put enough money on the table to cover the bill and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of my chair and behind him through the crowded restaurant.

We go to the street, and he hailed a cab for us to take. Bryden gave the driver an address that I wasn't familiar with. I thought he was going to take me somewhere else to have fun, but we ended up stopping in front of a giant apartment building. In that moment, I realized that we were going back to his flat. I instantly grew nervous because, in my mind, him bringing me to his place could only mean one thing.

He paid the taxi driver, and slowly exited the vehicle with me closely behind him. While we were walking into the building, his arm was casually resting around my waist. I felt secure in his arms, but it was making me feel a little uncomfortable knowing in a few short moments we would be in his flat. My only saving grace was the slight chance his roommate would be there. Bryden had told me that Trevor is rarely ever at the flat at night though, so we were most likely going to be alone.

We walked up a couple flights of stairs and walked down a long corridor. He stopped in front of the door that read "308" on the plaque. The key was slowly entered into the keyhole, and seconds later I was standing in the small entryway.

"Come on." Bryden flicked on a few lights and gently pushed me towards the living room.

Once I got to the main area of the house, it was apparent that guys lived here. There were beer cans trashing the coffee table, sports magazines sitting on the couch, and posters of half naked girls littering the walls.