Epilogue

-2 ½  years later-

“Okay Val. Which one?” I held up a pink lace bra and a black one with gold stitching all over it. Valentina pointed to the black one, and I threw it into the small suitcase I was packing. “Good choice.” I smiled at my now two and a half year old daughter.

She was sitting on the bed, playing with one of her many dolls, while I packed some things for mine and Zayn’s weekend alone. We were celebrating our three year anniversary together in Venice, Italy. This was our first real trip since Valentina was born.

The first year was too hard to travel with her because Zayn and I wanted to protect her from the media attention she was going to get. We also thought it would be better for her to not do as much traveling because she was so premature. We wanted to be as safe as we could for her health since she did need extra attention.

Zayn was also on tour for eight out of the first twelve months of her life. I stayed back in London with Valentina and even spent some time in Cambridge and Bradford to be with the people I loved while he was gone.

Eight months is a long time to not see someone, so when he came back I was more than happy. He arrived home a few days before Valentina’s first birthday. I was thrilled he got to be home for that milestone in her life. He was also happy that he got to celebrate the day with us. So happy that he and I celebrated well after everyone had left her birthday party. Our celebrating turned into another unplanned miracle. Nine months later our son, Harrison Saab Malik, was born. Needless to say we were shocked by his conception, but we couldn’t be happier he was apart of the Malik family. He was a year old now.

In this last year, a lot has happened. My parents were their same old selves still living in Cambridge. All of us girls were out of the house though. Aleeah was in Manchester working, and Katlyn was here in London. I saw her periodically, but we were both so busy with our own lives to give each other a lot of attention. My friends had also moved on with their lives. Cecilia and Alexis still lived the single life together. They had boyfriends throughout the last few years, but none of them really worked out. The biggest shocker of all was when Sabrina and Bryden got married. She ended up being the person that was there for him after I chose Zayn, and I guess that turned into love. I wasn’t mad at her by any means for getting with my ex boyfriend though. Bryden deserved someone who was always going to give him the attention he deserved and that was Sabrina. Her and I were still best friends. We always would be.

Zayn had another tour this last year. I did get to go on that one. I quit my job at the bridal store to go on the road with him and our two kids. While on the road, I started taking online classes for Uni. Mostly just general classes, and I’d eventually be going to real classes for design. My dream to become a wedding dress designer was still alive.

All of my reminiscing was disturbed by someone pulling at my jeans. I looked down to see my big brown eyed son looking up at me.

“What do you want Harrison?” I smiled, picking him up and holding him on my hip as I finished putting my clothes and other belonging in my suitcase.

I laid Harrison down on the bed, and just as I was zipping my suitcase up, the doorbell rang. Valentina’s head shot up and looked at me.

“I bet that’s Grandma. Better go see.” I said to her. She slid off the bed and ran out of the room giggling. He two little pigtails bounced on top of her head as she went.

Before heading downstairs myself, I made sure I looked presentable. Zayn always said that I looked fine with no make up and food and baby drool all over my clothes, but I never wanted to look like a slob for him.

I picked Harrison back up after I gathered my belongings and went to join my family.

When I reached the main level, I could hear that all of the noise was coming from the kitchen.