Chapter 36

"Wake up sweetie." I cooed into Zayn's ear. He stirred a little under the covers, pulling them closer to his body. I ran my hand up his arm attempting to wake him from his sleepy state. "Come on Zayn." I shook his body a little.

He flipped his body over so he wasn't facing me anymore. "Not now Rose. Let me sleep. I'm tired."

I sat in the bed with my arms crossed. He wasn't supposed to be this way. Especially not on Christmas morning. I decided that I'd have to wake him up a different way.

I snuggled back under the covers and cozied up against Zayn. His warm skin against mine felt amazing. I then leaned over his body and pressed my lips to the area right under his ear, kissing and lighting sucking at the skin. "Wake up." I whispered to him. I got no response, so I continue what I was doing before. I also ran my hand down his muscular arms, squeezing his biceps hoping he'd flex for me. Still nothing. I stopped kissing him and decided there was only one way I was getting him out of bed this early in the morning. Once again, I attached my lips to the area under his ear. My hand decided to trail down his torso, over the bumps that were his abs, and to the band of his pajama pants. I lightly ran my finger along the skin right above the band. Zayn shuddered under me. I couldn't stop the smiles that grew on my lips as they still worked at the area by his ear. I knew it was working. Before Zayn had a chance to do anything,  I slipped my hand into his pants. His whole body tensed. I was expecting him to let me continue with my plan, but his hand gripped my arm and pulled my own hand away from his body. I laid back on the bed and started laughing uncontrollably.

"What the hell, Rose?" Zayn sat up next to me.

"Merry Christmas." I gave him an innocent smile.

"I've been trying for months to get you to touch me and you decide now." He was acting flustered and it was really cute to me. "And now I have a boner and I can't use it because of the damn rules." Zayn ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

I giggled a little bit. "I'm sorry. You were laying there like a log and I wanted to give you your presents."

Zayn raised his eyebrows at me. “I couldn’t have slept. We were up late last night and you go ahead and wake me up at what,” He looked over at the small alarm clock sitting on his nightstand, “seven thirty.”

“I know, but I want to give you your stuff and then we have to go see Val. It’s Christmas. I don’t want to leave her there all by herself.” I pouted. The sadness behind my eyes was real, but I didn’t know if Zayn could tell or not. Christmas was a day to spend with your family, and she was a part of it now. I was going to spend all day with her if he came or not.

Zayn sighed. “Fine. Let’s go downstairs. You go, and I’ll be there in a minute. I have to get rid of this.” He pointed to the prominent bulge that was still apparent.

I smiled at him with a sincere look on my face. “I’m sorry.” I scooted my body closer to his and wrapped my arms him, planting a sweet kiss on his lips. “Merry Christmas.”

He gave me that same smile in return. “Merry Christmas, Rose.”