Chapter 21

I couldn’t believe who was standing in front of me right now. Ever since we had broken up, I took some time to mend all of the damage he did by leaving me. I know that being pregnant with someone else’s child is hard on someone, but all I wanted from him was to be there for me. When we were together, he was the one thing that was always constant in my life.

Bryden moved from the position he was standing in, and slowly began to inch his way towards me. I didn’t know what else to do, so I went through the door on my right and into the kitchen, searching for something to drink. I found a bottle of Vodka and it took every ounce of strength in me to not unscrew the cap and down the entire contents of the bottle. Water was going to have to do.

I turned to the sink, and filled up a glass with tap water. When I brought the glass to my mouth I could feel a presence behind me. I knew who it was, and I really didn’t want to face him.

“Rose.” He spoke quietly. I tightly closed my eyes to try and keep my composure. I wasn’t sure how I was going to react right now. So many emotions suddenly came back into my mind.

I bit my lip and turned around, holding back tears. I didn’t think seeing him again would cause me to be like this. It may have been my hormones, but I don’t think that’s why I was so emotional. There was still love for Bryden in me.

His gaze fell to my stomach, probably in search of the bump that was concealed beneath my shirt. My eyes watched the expression on his face as it turned into a small frown. He was thinking about something. It was bugging me just standing here in silence, but I couldn’t bring myself to say anything.

When he lifted his head up, his eyes were looking directly into mine. I was frozen, staring back at him. All I could do was stand there, waiting for him to say what he needed to. This was his deal. He was here for a reason, and I wasn’t going to be the one to acknowledge him. Even though I still adored him, I was pissed off.

“Can you say something?” Bryden practically begged. My mouth fell open in shock. He wanted me to say something to him? How could he expect me to be the one to start any conversation with him?

“You want me to talk, Bryden?” I angrily asked. There was a look of fear in his eyes, like he didn’t know what to expect from me. “You came here for God knows what reason, and you expect me to talk? What the fuck do you want me to say? Oh hey Bryden! How have you been? It’s good to see you, in my apartment, after you completely broke my heart!”

Bryden looked shocked. I knew I went to far with that last statement. “I broke your heart? Rose, you cheated on me.” He instantly reminded me. This reunion between us was already going bad, and I didn’t even know why he was here. Bryden saw how his words hurt me. I know I was to blame for us breaking up, but he didn’t need to remind me. He quickly changed his angry attitude, and tried to make this uneasiness go away. “Rose, I didn’t mean that.” He stepped closer to me, his hand extended towards me. I folded my arms over my chest so he couldn’t take my hand in his. “I know you’re probably wondering why I’m here.”

I nodded, and uncrossed my arms, and placed my hands on the edge of the counter. “Yeah. And I’m sorry that I yelled at you. I’m just a little shocked to see you here. I thought I’d never see you again.”

“I know that, and I know I kind of made it seem like I never wanted to see you again either when I was breaking up with you, but I’ve been thinking about everything and-” Bryden paused when I slightly leaned to the left to look over his shoulder. Sabrina was standing, peering through the doorway to see what was going on.

“Can we go do this somewhere else?” I asked. Bryden turned to look over his shoulder, and Sabrina’s head quickly darted out of sight.

He nodded. “Sure. Let’s go into your room.”